My Mate's Choice 28

Vote and Comment for early update?

Happy reading! :)

Calvin

I was up way before Beatrix and I got mom to help me prepare a bowl of porridge for Beatrix when she wake up later.

I have yet to apologize to my family for my attitude and act towards them for the whole time when Beatrix was taken away. I knew I should have appreciated them better because they were the only ones who didn't abuse me verbally for what I did to Beatrix.

"Mom..." I called when she just entered the kitchen from sending Jean some food.

"Beatrix is awake, Calvin. You may want to bring her the porridge now," Mom interjected me. She smiled warmly at me and then scooped a generous amount of porridge into the bowl. I nodded and then took a tray and a glass of water.

"All ready," Mom smiled.

"Thank you Mom," I said, kissing her cheeks and then went up the stairs carefully with the tray of food in my hands.

I was nervous. I wondered what Beatrix would think of me. The last time the both of us talked was when we argued. I wondered if she had forgiven me already. I wondered if she missed me like I missed her. I was wondering too much that I didn't realize that I reached her room already until Brody invited me in.

Everyone else was there; Beatrix's parents, the Alpha and Luna, Sally, Brody and Rose. And then my eyes landed on Beatrix who was sitting on the bed - her back supported by a pillow and both of her hands on her lap.

I walked slowly towards her, my eyes never leaving her and then carefully, I lowered the tray onto her bed before her mom took the bowl and started to feed Beatrix.

We were less than a meter away from each other and my wolf was going crazy on the inside for me to go over to Beatrix and hugged her tightly; never letting go. But I was forced to step away from the bed because Brody whispered something about the alpha wanting to ask Beatrix some questions.

I obeyed, standing next to Brody at one corner of the room, far away from the bed and listened to the alpha asking her sister some questions.

"How are you feeling, baby sister?"

"Good," she said, emotionless.

"We're sorry about not able to save you the other day. We tried! I promise, we tried," the alpha sighed.

"Don't worry about it. I'm fine now, aren't I?" Beatrix said in a light tone. I could easily see from her face that she was trying to waive the topic off.

"But you're not that fine. Just look at your bruises," alpha Eddie exclaimed, "But we caught some of the rogues and I could get some men to ask them questions about the bloodsucker's whereabouts."

"How did you know I was taken by a vampire?" Beatrix asked frowning and I didn’t like the way she said the word 'vampire' when all of us are always calling them a bloodsucker.

"Calvin saw him took you and Matt told us about it as well," the Luna voiced in.

"We'll seek revenge, Beatrix. I promise, we will," alpha Eddie assured.

"There's no need to," Beatrix said and it made everyone surprised. "The vampire - his name is Gabriel. He didn't take me away. I chose to follow him."

"What?" Everyone else chorused.

"We became good friends when I was caught. He was sweet, loving and he told me he loved me and I like him a lot too. He's just like the kind of mate I wanted," she said and her eyes finally landed on me when she said the word 'mate'.