My Mate's Choice 16

Hello everyone, thank you if you’re reading My Mate’s Choice. I’m sorry that I can’t update the story as frequent. I also can’t reply to most of your comments but I promised I read them all x I hope you guys don’t get bored with this slow updates. Thanks again ©

Beatrix

I felt like waking up, like I had been sleeping for too long and I really meant way too long. Also because my back was hurting. Why was this bed so hard and uncomfortable?

Opening my eyes, I took in my surrounding. I was... in some cave instead of my bed. The rest of the space in the - what I assumed cave was nothing. I was the only one there. How did I get in there when there were no windows or doors? Oh wait, how did I really end up here?

I remembered coming back from Brody's. Then, talking to my brother, and Calvin. And then a walk with... Valerie. Ah! I remembered now. I offered for the group of guys to take me instead of Valerie. But who were the guys really?

Just then I heard some sounds and movements from under where I was standing. Moving to the corner, I studied the whole ground and realized that there was a small square sized on the floor. I was about to go nearer and checked on it when the 'door' burst open upwards, making me shock.

"Oh good you're awake. Sleep enough?" A head that popped out, asked me. I didn't answer but just eyed him. "Come on, the boss wants to see you."

"Who's your boss?" I asked him harshly. The guy face has a scar on the left side of his forehead.

"How am I supposed to explain to you? He's my boss. You have to come down and see him for yourself," he answered me, also in a rather harshly manner.

"Why am I here?" I asked again, ignoring his answer.

"You offered yourself, dumbass!"

"Don't call me dumbass," I said sternly.

"Or what?" He challenged, eyeing me disgustingly. I was about to answer him when another voice from below us interrupted me.

"What's going on up there? I said, bring the girl down to me!"

"You heard my boss," the scar-ed forehead guy said, "You might as well come down or never."

He spat on the floor and went down. Slowly, I made my way to the floor 'door' and peeked. There was some sort of a ladder for me to climb down and I wondered how on earth I was being moved to this room unconscious.

Peeking again and when I thought the coast was clear, I started to climb down the ladder. It wasn't very high and I was very conscious of my movements. No one was there. Not even the scar-ed forehead guy. Where was he?

I just walked and wandered about until I met an actual door. Should I go inside? I wasn't afraid because I didn't think anyone was going to hurt me but I also had to make smart moves. Leaning my ear against the door, I heard nothing. So, daringly... I turned the knob and peeked inside.