My Mate's Choice 34

Beatrix

I had so much fun, too much fun letting my wolf play with Calvin's. Since I haven't let her out for some time to have fresh air, she was pretty much excited and overwhelmed as well. Calvin's wolf understood mine so well that whenever she tackled him to the ground, he would just lick her fur without debating anything.

It was getting dark, almost too dark that maybe the people at the pack's house might start to worry. My wolf had become too tired as well and when Calvin sensed that, he shifted back to human. I blushed at the sight of him like that even though he couldn't tell that I was. But he quickly put his pants on and then searched for my sundress. He stroked my fur before placing the dress over my neck. My wolf nuzzled his stomach and then went to a hiding spot to change and get dressed.

When I reappeared, I found Calvin not there anymore. It was either he was hiding or I couldn't see him properly because of the dark or...something bad happened to him? Oh god, please no.

"Calvin?" I called for him and when he didn't answer, I started shouting for him.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms around my waist and I squealed in horror. When I turned around, Calvin was there smiling but his smile fell when he saw my face.

"Gosh Beatrix, why did you cry? I was just playing around," he said and I smacked his chest.

"I thought something happened," I said and sniffed, only to realize that I had started tearing.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry," he said and then pulled me into a hug. He stroked my back and then pulled back when I started to speak.

"It's so dark in here, anything could happen. I couldn't see you and I'm worried if if..."

"If?"

"If Gabriel got a hold of you," I finally said what was on my mind.

"No, I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to make you worried. It was a foolish thought to play around right now. Let's get back home," he said. "I'll give you a piggy-back ride?"

I nodded and forced a smile. I took his offered and climbed onto his back. He held me firmly and I knew I was safe. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head on his shoulder.

I wanted to so badly accept him right now as my mate but I was also aware that some part of me and my heart still doubted on Calvin. I shouldn't but I couldn't fully open my heart to accept Calvin in. Someday I will, but not today. However, I wasn't going to let him go nonetheless and with that, I tightened my arms around his neck and leaned deeper into him.

* * *

I was pretty much exhausted from the evening play and right after I showered and had dinner, I wanted nothing more than to crawl into my bed and sleep. But I wanted to wait for Calvin.

However, he was taking too long downstairs talking to his brother, the Beta. I tried to stay awake by reading a book but my eyelids were getting too heavy to stay awake.