My Mate's Choice 02

Beatrix

My mate's arms dropped from around and he pushed me back slightly but didn't let go of me until I was standing fully stable. I looked at him and the girl who just approached us. The girl looked familiar. She was a werewolf too.

"Hey, Beatrix right?"

Oh, she knew me. "Erm, yeah," I said.

"My name is Valerie. I know you're the Alpha's sister. Oh wait; it's your birthday today right? Happy birthday." She hugged me slightly. She was talkative but I guess it was fine. What wasn't fine was why was she calling my mate, babe?

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Calvin and I will definitely be there at your party tonight. Right babe?" She asked Calvin, my mate.

"Hmm, are you two living in the pack house?" I asked. There were a few families in the pack house and I had never seen them around before except that this girl looked so familiar.

"Oh, nope. We live in a cottage nearby the pack house," Valerie answered, "Calvin's family lives in the pack house though. Mine... well mine has passed away from the war with the rogue last two years."

I remembered now! 

Last two years, my pack, The Red Crescent Pack was attack by a big group of rogues. We didn't manage to call for help because it all happened too suddenly. We lost many pack members, making our whole pack now became a little smaller. And Valerie, she suffered the most during that big war.

Valerie lost her mate, her little brother as well as both of her parents. She was considered the werewolf facing the most loss. Everyone pitied her. She was always lonely and quiet. I was busy growing up that I didn't watch how she actually grew from being so depressed over her lost to very talkative.

"I'm sorry," I finally said.

"It's okay. I'm good now, especially with my awesome boyfriend here with me, I'm fine," Valerie told me happily and intertwined her fingers with... Calvin's.

What?! He was my mate!

"Oh uhm okay. I guess I'll just see you two later. Have fun," I replied. My heart was aching. I felt my brain shutting. I was so happy to have found my mate only to know that he was someone else's boyfriend and the best part was, Calvin didn’t even voice out anything about him being my mate.

"See ya," Valerie said and walked away, pulling Calvin with her. And I watched my mate being taken away from me.

Calvin

How come had I only found her now? I should have found her 2 years ago when I was 16 but I did not. Now that I was with Valeria, she turned up. But it wasn't her fault of course. She had only turned 16 today.