My Mate's Choice 14

Beatrix

I woke up, feeling a very stinging pain on my hand; on my both hands. I looked at them and laughed a bit when I thought it looked like I was going for some boxing competition.

Oh wait, why were my hands being bandaged?

My surrounding was dark but I could still see the white bandage, from the lighting that came from the transparent windows. So, it wasn't so dark after all. I tried to see where exactly I was and when I spotted the picture on the wall, above the bed, I instantly got my answer.

I was in Brody's room.

Wait. What? What was I doing in his room? What time was it? Why wasn't I home? I quickly got off the bed and wanted to sneak out. I opened the door and gasped when it was darker than the inside of the room. I closed the door back and switched on the lights.

"Urgh, off the lights," I heard someone groan and my eyes fell on Brody who was on the couch which I didn't realize was there earlier.

I walked over to him and shook his shoulder and he groaned again, "Go to sleep..."

"Brody," I called, "Why am I here?"

"Cause you're sleeping overnight," he stated sleepily.

I slapped his chest, causing him to curse under his breath. "Seriously Beatrix, go back to sleep. I'm so tired."

"No. My brother will be angry if I'm not home by now. What time is it anyway?" Brody didn't answer but instead pointed to a wall clock at the corner of his room. 4 freaking AM? "Brody, come on wake up and send me home. It's 4am!"

Groaning, Brody got up from the couch and rubbed his eyes. His hair was pointing in every different direction. "You wouldn't be here if you didn't punch my innocent walls and got your hands bleeding," Brody stated.

Then I remembered of being so angry and punching the walls in the bathroom. But it wasn't a very hard punch. How could I get my hands injured?

"I got the pack doctor to treat your hands. They were quite bad and the doctor jabbed you some sleeping pills. I already called your brother to let him know that you're sleeping over. He wasn't too happy about it but I had no choice but to convince him. He wants you in his office in the morning later when I send you home," Brody carried on.

"Oh, okay thanks. And, sorry for the trouble. And, for punching the walls. And, for sleeping on your bed. And, for calling..."

"Alright alright, I got it. Now gimme about 4 more hours and I'll send you back home," Brody muttered and lay back down on his couch.

I just nodded and made my way to the bed and did some thinking. I was a werewolf, so my hands should already be healed by now. Wolf... I haven't heard from my wolf. Why was she silencing herself? Why hadn't she talked to me?

Tip-toeing to the bathroom so that I wouldn't wake Brody up, I tried to get my wolf to talk to me. "Where are you?" I asked.