My Mate's Choice 03

Calvin

My eyes were glued on her the moment she took the first step down on the stairs. How could I not? The make up on her face just made them glow then the white dress she was on, waved as she moved. I wanted so badly to go to her and kiss her to wish her happy birthday but I didn't want Valerie to get suspicious.

My wolf hadn't stopped scolding me. Well he had actually been scolding me from the time I got together with Valerie. I just had to pretend that he didn't exist in me and ignored every single swearing and scolding he was giving me even though deep down I knew, he had all the rights to.

I had gotten Jean, my little sister to give Beatrix the little teddy bear that I had managed to get at the gift store before heading here. I had a small card within the teddy bear and I hope she would read them. All was done without Valerie's knowledge.

I watched Jean saying some things to Beatrix and then pointed to my direction. I was afraid that Valerie would notice but the moment Beatrix's eyes met mine, I lost it. I just looked at her and at the point, I could hear nothing else. I had her all filled in my mind, until she looked away.

Oh I knew she was still upset with me.

She took the bear nonetheless and led Jean to the food section. I saw them picking up food before settling on one of the couches not far from mine. Sally came shortly to join them. It surprised me a little on how Jean could be so close to Beatrix. Probably because living here and seeing Beatrix everyday made them become close.

So did I regret moving out of the pack house? I honestly had no idea.

It was a really cool evening and the background music just made it calmer. All the time, my eyes didn't left wherever Beatrix was going except when Valerie needed my attention somehow.

At 9, the alpha gathered everyone to the middle of the room where the cake was waiting. It was a two-tier cake and it was pink. We quickly sang happy birthday for her and I watched how she smiled when people wished her Happy Birthday some more.

"Do you think we should go home now?" Valerie asked me once she finished her share of birthday cake. "It's getting late and I still have some more homework that is not completed yet."

I glanced at my watch which stated 9:45pm. I didn't wanna leave yet with two reasons. I wanted to be with my mate and second, I knew Beatrix would need me when it was time for her to shift tonight.

"Hmm, I actually want to stay the night here. I have missed my little sister. Do you think I could send you home and head back here?" It wasn't a complete lie. I had missed Jean a lot but there wasn't exactly the reason I was going to stay.

"Sure," Valerie agreed right away, "You can take your bag for school as well, and then I'll just meet you in school tomorrow."

"Sounds good. Let's go," I said, pulling Valerie's hand.

"Wait, I'm just gonna speak to the birthday girl for a while." I sighed - I didn't want to upset Beatrix further. I offered to wait in the car.