My Mate's Choice 30

Beatrix

I haven't told anybody about that nightmare that was still haunting me and Eddie assumed that being in the rogue's captured was the reason why. Even so, I didn't argue with him. That was why, despite me still being slightly weak and scared, Eddie dragged me down to the basement to pick the rogues whom he thought needed to be punish.

I had with me, the Luna, the beta, Mom, Dad, Sally and Calvin.

I haven't been talking to Calvin, my mate but I was silently thankful of his presence. Even though now, he would sleep in my room and on the couch, I still felt better that he was there and I'd love to think that he would protect me.

Switching the lights of the basement on, I was surprised that these rogues didn't shed as much blood as what I had seen on Matt. Remembering Matt, I felt the need to let all of them be punished but most of all, I wanted Carlos to be punished.

"Him," I pointed to Carlos once I spotted him in the middle of the pool of rogues sitting down on the floor. He looked up at me and then I saw his eyes flicked to something behind me before he made a whimpering voice.

"What did he do?" I heard Sean, the beta asked. Eddie was busy shooting daggers at all of them on the floor.

"He beat Matt! He beat me," I cried, remembering the time when he actually really beat the shit outta me when I admitted to letting Matt leave.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Carlos chanted and his voice was soft and hoarse.

Eddie slapped him across the face, making the females in there jump. Calvin went next to me and placed a hand over my shoulder but I quickly moved away from him. I didn't need any comfort. I was just startled.

I looked at Carlos who now had blood dripping from the corner of his mouth and then my eyes moved to where Sally was standing. She had a hand covering her mouth, obviously shocked to what she had just witnessed. But there was something else in her eyes. There were tears. And her eyes... and Carlos' eyes were locked.

I gasped at my own realization.

"We'll put him through the execution," Eddie said, informing the beta who then did some writing the palm of his hand. At the same time, Sally decided to excuse herself and left the basement.

"Wait," I said, making everyone turned to me. "Don't punish him first. There's something else needed to be done before that."

"What is it?"

"Just let me settle it and then I'll get back to you," I told Eddie.

"Stop wasting the damn time, Beatrix," Eddie hissed.

"I'm sorry Alpha," I bowed slightly, "If it is up to me, I don't wish for him to be punished first." With that, I followed Sally's way, leaving the basement weakly with my jelly legs.

Limping slightly as I looked for Sally all around the house, I found her in the kitchen, looking out into the forest through the opened back door.