My Mate's Choice 37

Brody

I waited only about a minute outside of the Red Crescent's pack house before I saw Beatrix running out of the door. I quickly got out of my car and in no time, Beatrix was in my arms. She cried on my shoulder and couldn't stop sobbing.

"It’s okay, Beatrix," I whispered to her and then guided her to the passenger's seat. I opened the door and gently pushed her in before tossing her bag of clothes to the back.

I jogged to the driver's side and then started driving without another word. I was surprised when Beatrix called me a few nights ago saying that she wanted to move into my pack. I had asked her why but all she answered me was, 'If you're my friend, please come and get me.'

And there was no way I could let it all go. I felt indebted to Beatrix especially after she saved Belle and about a quarter of my pack members whom were captured away. I told her that I was gonna be there for her and I would fetch her and right after that, I called Alpha Eddie to ask about it.

"She's growing into an adult now. She can make her own decisions and be at wherever she wants to be," was his answer and I clearly know that there was something wrong and I didn't think it was gonna be about Beatrix and Calvin anymore. I know that they were in good terms already. But wouldn't he stop her from leaving? Where was he?

Nonetheless, I was planning to find out soon. Should Beatrix be in my pack house, then she would be under me and I'd have all the rights to question her.

The Red Crescent's pack house wasn't that far from mine. It would take about an hour drive but since I was dying to know some answers from Beatrix, I sped up and reached home in about half hour.

"I'll show you your room first and then introduce you to the pack?" I suggested as I parked my car. Actually Beatrix didn't need any introduction because almost everyone in my pack knows her as our hero for saving us.

Beatrix just nodded. She has stopped crying and she just looked tired and sleepy. I carried her bag and led her upstairs to where a room has been prepared and decorated for her. She sat on the bed and I placed her bag just next to her leg before taking a seat next to her.

"Do you wanna tell me?" I asked and even if she wasn't going to answer me, I would force her to. But luckily, she nodded.

"I wanna tell you, but not now," Beatrix said and I could hear her voice shaking.

"Why?" I asked as I moved closer to her.

"Because... I will cry," she said and soon after that, she cried. I quickly fetch her, a glass of water and calmed her down by staying with her and rubbed her back.

I stood her until she told me what was wrong and happening to her. It took her awhile but a box of tissue and many many glasses of water later, she told me and I trusted that she had told me everything.

She started from how she caught Calvin with Valerie in their cottage and then to the mean words that Valerie had said to her, to the point of her anger bursting and then Eddie scolding her for doing so. And the best part she told me was that Calvin never once approached her to console or talk to her. That was when she decided she should go.