My Mate's Choice 07

Beatrix

I woke up, feeling fresh but wasn't ready to face anything in school. Well, I never was. I haven't been hanging out with Sally since I had to avoid Calvin in school. Sally usually hung out in the cafeteria or by the lockers and I couldn't stay with her, so that Calvin wouldn't easily spot me. I decided I should see her today.

I walked down the stairs to the dining table and saw my brother, the Luna, my parents as well as Brody there. I galloped my way to them and greeted.

"Hello Brody," I said, tapping his shoulder.

"Beatrix!" My brother called, in a stern tone. "You're not supposed to call Alpha Brody just by name. Show some respect."

"Oh, it's okay," Brody defended me, "I told her to call me that. Since she helped me yesterday, we became friends."

I nodded and stuck my tongue out at my brother. I took two seats away from Brody and picked the rice grains cereals. I quickly finished my bowl of cereals with chocolate milk and got up, already waving goodbye to my parents.

"You're not riding with us?" Celina asked.

"Nope, I'm gonna go over to Sally's house and go with her," I informed.

"Ah in that case, I'll make my way too. Is the transport ready?" Brody asked.

"Oh yes, it is. My Beta has got it covered. Do you need me to send you to the door?" my brother asked, now in his entire Alpha character.

"Nope, it's okay. Thank you Alpha Eddie for the stay and treatment."

I let them continue their talking and walked to the front door while dialling Sally's number. "Hel...lo," I heard her voice, rough on the other side.

"Hello Sally. I'm coming over to your house so that we can go together to school," I said, in a rather cheery tone which I don't even know why.

"Argh Beatrix, I'm sleeping. I'm not going to school. I'm not well since two days ago and you only called me now to ask," Sally huffed in a rather polite way. This girl could never go harsh.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't been paying attention much around things lately," I told her and she just replied with an 'hmmm'. Not long after I heard a light snore and instantly knew Sally had gone back to sleep. "Goodnight Sally," I said, to no one.

"Hey," someone greeted me from the back, "Not making your way?"

I turned around and saw Brody, smiling and limping towards me. "Oh, no. My friend isn't feeling well. I'll just head to school now."

"We can ride together. Your Beta is very nice to drive me back home. I'm sure you can just hop in?"

Just in time, Sean, the beta got out of the house and greeted the both of us. "Hey Sean, can you just drop me by the school bus stop?"