My Mate's Choice 21

Beatrix

"I like it a lot," I repeated my answer.

"Good, because I like it a lot too. I love it, in fact," Gabriel said as he turned me around to face him. He was so close to me and I didn't think I liked very much where this was going to go.

"Gabriel..." I said, trying to stop him from leaning even closer.

"Call me something else..." he said quietly.

"I..."

"Call me something like... my love, sweetheart. Call me like that," Gabriel said again and this time he had his hand wrapped around my waist while he rested his chin on my shoulder, whispering things.

I almost allow myself to moan when Gabriel purposely grinded his hips against mine but it was soon distracted with the sound of dangling keys. I looked at the source of noise and saw the keys that Gabriel hung on the loop of his belt.

Keys!

"My love..." I called him and he looked at me instantly, his eyes were full of lust and yearning. I made the first move. I just knew I had to and leaned towards him before placing my lips on his.

Gabriel responded instantly and I quickly but carefully unhooked the keys from his pants and stuffed it in my shoe when I moved my lips down his neck.

I guess I shouldn't be playing with fire because the next second I knew was that I was thrown on the bed and Gabriel was right above me with his shirt gone. Vampire speed, I thought. He leaned down and we kissed some more before I felt his fingers fiddling with my pants.

I badly wanted to get out of my pants because we didn't really get to shower, but not this way. "Gabriel," I said into his mouth.

"Gabriel, please stop," I raised my voice and pushed him back slightly.

"Why?" He panted onto my face.

"I... I erm, not ready. I'm sorry," I told him and looked away. I wouldn't lie that it was something I wanted and despite me not really paying attention to what we did, I actually enjoyed it and how I wished I was doing those with Calvin.

Calvin... I've missed him. Being with Gabriel now felt like I was with Calvin when I wasn't. But why did I feel like Calvin was around. Maybe I was wishing that Gabriel was Calvin.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't be sorry," Gabriel told me, cupping my cheeks. But why did he smell like Calvin?

"Gabriel," I called again and looked at him, "Why did you smell like someone I know?"

"Uhm who?"

"Someone I know," I repeated.

"Well, I went to feed earlier..."

I didn't let him finish. "Did you kill him?" I screamed.

"No," he answered plainly, "Why are you so angry about it?"

I sighed in relief. I might hate Calvin but he was still my mate and right now, I've missed him dearly. But was he looking for me? Or was him having the luxury of not having me around and have fun with Valerie?

"Why are you so angry about it?" Gabriel repeated, this time angrily.

"Because that was my mate," I told him annoyingly and got out from the bed only be yanked back.

** I know, I know this is super duper short and I’m sorry. I’ll update again this week x