My Mate's Choice 19

Beatrix

It's been a week since I was being taken and I might sound crazy for saying that I was pretty much having a good life. In fact, actually better than when I wasn't being captured especially with the mates' problems and all.

Gabriel, like I had said, wasn't as bad. I definitely didn't get the jab like I wanted from him. But other than that, Gabriel and I are in a good terms, like friends.

If Alpha Eddie knew that I was friends with the head of rogues, I believed he would flip out. I didn't mean to betray my brother or even my pack or Brody and his pack. But I'm fine with Gabriel and in fact being friends with him because I knew the reason behind all of this.

I just couldn't leave this place and explain to my pack, to settle this whole misunderstanding. Not just yet.

- Flashback -

"Jab me!" I demanded. "I want it."

"Are you being fucking serious?"

"Yes," I said firmly.

"But... why?" Gabriel asked and I promised I heard the softness of his voice.

"Because I want my bond with my mate to be cut off."

"Woah hang on there," Gabriel said, "Why would you want your bond with your mate to be cut off?"

"Because..." I paused. I wasn't ready and I wasn't sure if I really wanted to say it but thinking of Calvin all happy with Valerie, I wouldn't want to stop him from having his happiness. "Because my mate and I, we don't need each other. He's happy with someone else and I wanna be happy in my own way too."

There was a minute of silence while Gabriel, I guess, tried to sink in the words I just said.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but your mate must be stupid to just let you go. And I also can't believe that I'm gonna be telling you this - because it just doesn't makes sense how he could survive through happily when he should be attached to you."

"What are you talking about? And what are you going to tell me?" I asked, frowning.

"I believed you should have known that I'm a vampire," he started, "A cursed one, actually. I was cursed to have a werewolf as my mate. I did everything I had to, to push her away but I couldn't and I ended up pushing everything I had as a vampire to be with her. She was cool, nice, and pretty because I wouldn't say she was drop dead gorgeous. She freaked out at first when she found out that I was her mate but after a while, we got along pretty well and she accepted me."

"But who knew she was lying. She didn't really accept me in and the reason she did because her boyfriend, which was also an Alpha instructed her to do so. Their plan was to destroy me and my kind. How could they... How could her... I was her mate and our bonds were connected and she could still do this to me."