My Mate's Choice 33

Beatrix

I was awakened by someone whispering in my ear and shaking my shoulder. I opened up my eyes and was surprised to see Jean grinning at me. I hadn't seen her in forever and I've missed her chubby cheeks.

"Good morning," I said but she quickly shushed me, putting her pointy finger to her pouty lips. Her bangs were now covering all of her forehead and she had her two ponytails by the sides.

"Today is Calvin's birthday," she whispered, pointing to a sleeping Calvin on the couch. "Let's go surprise him."

I stared at Jean, surprised. I didn't know it was his birthday - which means he turned 18 today. What date was it? 20 August. I definitely need to know Calvin better but I wasn't sure what exactly we were especially since the meeting that evening, two days ago.

A few things happened like Carlos had finally vow to be loyal and trustworthy to the pack and should he go against the pack, execution will take place without any say - it might sound mean but I think it was alright especially he used to be a professional rogue.

Brody and his pack also moved back to their pack house. We hugged for a long time like I was gonna lose him before he left. I knew I was gonna miss him. Brody had been like a brother to me. Even Eddie didn't have time to look after me and talk to me the way Brody did. They were both Alphas except that Brody haven't found his mate yet. I bet, if he did, he wouldn't be allowing him near me anymore.

Most of the pack members also started going back to their nearby houses and cottages after the Alpha announced that our territory were once again, safe and at peace.

Sally also talked to me last night. She said, our little argument the other day made her realize and when she hugged Carlos for the first time, she didn't want to let him go. She could almost feel the pain of torture that Carlos went through and she wanted nothing more than make Carlos feel better. She finally understood the meaning of the word 'mate'.

Everything was falling back into its place except for my relationship with Calvin. I could really feel that we were getting a little far even though Calvin was still taking care of me - sometimes carrying me around and bringing my milk in every night before sleep.

Maybe I should make the move, the move to ask him what was wrong. But today was his birthday and I shouldn't be the one to ruin the mood.

Jean got down from my bed and ushered me out as well. She walked over to my dressing table and brought a plate. It was a few pieces of pancakes with bananas and strawberries messily chopped and a candle poked in the middle of the top piece.

Jean took my hand and we walked over to where Calvin was still sleeping. Jean made me hold the plate of pancakes before she jumped onto Calvin and sang the birthday song very loudly. I was singing as well but I couldn't clap along like Jean was. But I started laughing when Calvin woke up, startled by the sudden noise.

"Happy Birthday Calvin," Jean wished and stayed on top of Calvin, hugging him by the neck.