My Mate's Choice 29

Calvin

Beatrix went through her day mostly in bed while I stayed outside, protecting her from afar because I knew she didn't want me near her. She told me to leave; to stay away from her. She was still mad at me. She still hadn't forgiven me. But I understood it all perfectly. She had the rights to.

I wanted to give her all the time to think and forgive me. I could wait forever. I just didn't want her to like or even love somebody else. I wanted her liking for the bloodsucker - Gabriel to fade. She was meant for me and I was meant for her. Nobody else could fit in.

"Do you think you would be well enough to go down the basement with me tomorrow? I cannot stand not punishing these damn rogues. I want it to be done as soon as possible but I'd need you to be fully good," Alpha Eddie asked Beatrix, after dinner. I was just standing at her door with Brody because first, I never really left the outside of her room and Brody said he wanted to meet Beatrix.

"I don't know," Beatrix mumbled, "I'm so tired now and sleepy. I think if I'm fine tomorrow, then I'll let you know."

"Alright. I'm gonna say my good night now but before you go to sleep, Brody would first like to talk to you..."

"Brody, can we talk tomorrow? I'm so sleepy from all the drugs," Beatrix whined loudly, making all 3 of us heard her clearly and she definitely looked tired.

"Alright then, good night," Brody said and waved before going away.

I watched Alpha Eddie planted a kiss on Beatrix's forehead and said, "Calvin will accompany you here tonight."

"I don't need any accompany, Eddie," Beatrix replied, flatly.

"You definitely do, my dear. He will be just..."

"I don't need any accompany!" Beatrix repeated, cutting her brother's off and then hid her face in the pillows.

Alpha Eddie sighed but then didn't say anything anymore. He got up from Beatrix's bed and walked to me, giving my shoulder light slaps.

"It's okay Alpha. I'll just sleep outside her room," I volunteered.

"Don't be silly. It's cold on the floor. You just wait for a few minutes and once she's fully asleep, you can just get in and sleep in the room - but remember, no funny business! She's not well yet," Alpha Eddie warned and I just nodded.

But I wasn't going to really get into her room once she's fully asleep. I was gonna respect her wants. She didn't want me there but I still would want to protect and take care of her from afar, because I'm her mate. And with that in mind, I closed Beatrix's door and lied down on the cold floor.

* * *

The same night carried on for three more days with Beatrix, still refusing to go down the basement to identify the bad rogues. She kept on complaining about being tired and sleepy.