My Mate's Choice 06

Brody

I was totally upset to have Belle being captured in the hands of the damn rogues. And I got even angrier at myself for not being able to fight those rogues earlier, causing me to get myself injured.

I wasn't going to let anything happen to Belle in the hands of those rogues, especially after mom and dad passed away. I didn't want them to be disappointed in me for not being able to take care of Belle. But I already knew that I had probably gotten them disappointed from the moment Belle slipped off my hands and to the rogues.

Disappointed.

I see those in someone else's eyes today. I never really cared of other people's feelings since my parents were gone except for Belle. But I couldn't seem to get the girl whom helped me earlier, out of my head. She said she lost her mate and I chose not to believe her because she looked so young that she can't possibly have found her mate.

Even so, I couldn't deny that I could see the disappointment and hurt in her eyes. And that, made me want to know her deeper. Plus, I felt bad for making her stay with the reason of I needed someone, only to vent at her.

I got up from the clinic's bed after a few hours of rest. I stumbled to the door and opened it. The lights were shining so brightly in the living room while the surrounding outside was dark. It was probably already night.

I was only at my third step when someone approached me. "Alpha Brody," the guy said and bowed. "My name is Sean and I am the beta of the Red Crescent Pack. Your beta has already headed home and I was informed if you wanted to go back home, we'll gladly arrange the transportation seeing you're still quite injured and we wouldn't want more harm being done by the rogues."

I nodded, acknowledging his words. I wasn't a very friendly Alpha, I gotta admit. But the beta of this pack was talking to me with so much respect like I was the royal. Unlike my beta who 'has already headed home', leaving me all alone. Not that I couldn't survive without him.

"Would you like the transportation to be arrange now, Alpha?" Sean asked me.

"Yes please. But before that, I'd like to meet the girl who helped me earlier. Do you know who is she?" I inquired.

"You mean the petite girl with light brown hair? Yeap, I know her. She's our Alpha younger's sister. Is there an issue you have with her?" Sean asked, still in his polite tone.

I nodded, even though I didn't take notice of the hair colour of the girl. "Nope, not an issue. I just wanted to thank her for helping me earlier. Is there any way for you to lead me to her or could you arrange for us to talk for a bit before I leave?"

"Oh sure Alpha. You might want to wait for her in the lounge room which is over there," Sean pointed to a door just a few steps away from where we were standing.

I nodded and Sean left, leaving me stumbling to the lounge room. I stepped in and was impressed with the arrangement of furniture in the lounge room. The room was painted in a goldish colour with a matching couch and frames of photographs were hung. If I hadn't injured my leg, I would like to take a look at all of the photographs hanging. Instead, I took a seat and waited.