My Mate's Choice 08

Beatrix

Two hours of detention was one of the worst two hours I had had. Stomping out of the classroom, I was yanked back by none other than Calvin Young.

"We're not done talking, Beatrix," he stated, calmly.

"Oh I am done talking to you," I told him and tried to remove my arm from his grip.

"Good. Then you listen," he said and pushed me until we were in a secluded area of the school. I rolled my eyes and he started speaking. "Beatrix, I'm not gonna reject you and I beg you to please stop bringing up the matter of me rejecting you. It will not happen whatever it is. I know our relationship is so hard at the moment, and I promise you it will not gonna go on for a long time. I will fix things up. I'm gonna be truthful to Valerie about us and things will be better. I like you a lot. Heck, I love you even if there's no wolf bond present between us."

He had my face cupped in both of his hands and his face was very close to mine. I wanted to give in. My wolf was begging for me to lean forward and kiss his lips while I was restraining myself to do so. I refused to let him look like I was a weak someone just with the word 'love'.

Did I love him? Yes, I did. The wolf bond between us just kept pulling us closer and attracted to each other even though I badly wanted to stay away from him.

I was about to really give in and kiss Calvin on the lips when someone called him. "Calvin?"

We both whipped our heads to the side and to see Valerie standing there with a frowning face was a total shock to me. I didn't do anything like pushing Calvin away or anything like that. But Calvin on the other hand, dropped his hand from my face and stepped back immediately, clearing his throat.

"What are you doing Calvin?" Valerie asked.

"Oh uhm babe, I... was just helping Beatrix. She had something on her face," Calvin reasoned, lying and that instant, I almost heard my heart breaking.

"Yeah, he was just helping. Sorry about it," I said to Valerie, controlling my shaking voice as I swallowed back the lumped that was forming.

"Oh alright," Valerie said and smiled. She then hooked her arm on Calvin's and asked, "I was looking for you after school and someone said you were in detention? Is it true? What you did?"

Not wanting to hear more, I excused myself politely and quickly removed myself from that very spot that I almost kiss my mate, in public and not some empty classroom.

Running away, I went out of the school compound. I was running past the road when a car almost came banging me but the driver managed to stop just when the front of the car hit my thigh, causing me to fell backwards.

At that moment, I really didn't want to get up. I just wanted the car to go right through me. I wanted to forget how it felt like to feel hurt. I wanted to forget that I had a mate who was ashamed of me. I wanted to forget about being a werewolf. I wanted too...

"Beatrix?"

"Brody?" I was totally shock to found him right in front of me but I lost it all the moment he hugged me. I started crying, and I was crying like a baby.

"Shhh. I'm sorry Beatrix, I didn't meant to hit you down," I heard Brody said as he rubbed my back. Pulling me up with him, I wrapped my arms around his torso and let the tears fell freely.

"Beatrix? Are you okay?" I heard another voice and I was sure it wasn't Brody's. "Is she fine?"

"I don't know, but I got her. You need not worry," Brody told that person and I sensed his voice was emotionless.