My Mate's Choice 18

Beatrix

I was awake, probably a few hours after I was knocked out. I was in a room. There were one wardrobe, a small TV, a mini bar and I was lying on a single bed. Whose room was this?

Then to answer my question, the small door from the ground went open and Gabriel popped his head in. "You're awake," he stated before he literally flew to the bed, next to me. He was a vampire, remember?

"Hi," I said awkwardly.

"Hi? You were just been knocked out by my guy and you could still say hi to me?" Gabriel questioned, laughing.

"Then, what do you want me to do?"

Gabriel shook his head nonchalantly. "I don't know... Scream? Shout? Punch or something?"

"You want me to punch you?" I asked again. I wasn't dumb and I was just trying to get along with him. I knew from his face, Gabriel isn't a bad guy even though he's a vampire and to us werewolves, vampires are bad. But I just could read it from his face that he wasn't bad.

Gabriel shrugged his shoulders to my question and I fist my hands before throwing a hard punch onto his arm. Gabriel looked at me intently and for a second, I thought he was going to murder me already. I mean, who was I kidding? Even if I wanted to get along with him, that doesn't mean that he would want to be my friend.

But Gabriel surprised me by laughing loudly. "What?" I said.

"That was a hard punch, I must say. But I don't feel anything, so save it," he told me.

"Oh okay," I answered and I guess, this time, I had really triggered his anger because in a blink of an eye, I was laid on the bed with him on top of me. His hands were around my neck, threatening me that he was gonna strangle me and his fangs were visible. "W...why?" I asked him quietly.

"I want you to get angry! I want you to fucking cry for help! I want you to curse us! I want you to damn it, punch us!"

"I already punched you," I said, dumbly.

"Why are you being so difficult? Let me just finish you," Gabriel said and got off me. He went to the wardrobe and what came into his hand later was a pistol.

"You're gonna kill me?"

"Yes," he hissed. I gulped my saliva down and shut my eyes. Deep down, I got a feeling that Gabriel wasn't going to do it.

And I was right. About a minute when I didn't hear or feel anything painful, I opened my eyes to find Gabriel knelt down on the ground with both of his hands pulling his hair.

Quietly, I got off the bed and went to him. I placed a hand on Gabriel's shoulder and the next thing I knew was I was pinned onto the wall with Gabriel glaring at me but this time better because there were no fangs shown. He did nothing and nothing but just glared at me.