My Mate's Choice 17

Brody

I was there at the Red Crescent Pack the first thing in the morning after receiving the news last night from Owen, my beta who received the news from Sean.

I couldn't believe Alpha Eddie didn't bother to tell me personally about it and I was only informed about this almost 12 hours after Beatrix went missing.

"Good morning, Alpha," I heard the Red Crescent Pack's beta greeted me as I stepped into the pack house, but I didn't reply. Instead, I waited for him to continue, "Alpha Eddie is at the dining table."

I quickly head over to the dining table with Owen following behind me. Without dilly-dally, I stated on my first agenda the moment I saw Alpha Eddie. "We have to come out with a strategy as soon as possible."

"Why is this piece of alpha doing here?"

"Why is he here?" I retorted back angrily when I saw Beatrix's mate and even angry when he questioned why I was there. Why was he even here in the first place? Did everyone know about them being real mates already or what?

"I'm her mate," Calvin said arrogantly, "Why are you here when you are not related to Beatrix?"

"Excuse me, I'm her friend. Her best friend in fact, who has always been there for her almost all the time for her to complain and to rant about what kind of an ungrateful mate she was having," I let it out, purposely trying to trigger Calvin's anger. He had no right to be angry when all I said was right, was true.

"Shut up!" Alpha Eddie's voice boomed, silencing me and Calvin while the others like my beta, his beta and his mate just looked down on the ground. "We're here to discuss and not to fight. If any of you are not interested in finding Beatrix, then leave."

"I have the rights to be here because not only my best friend is captured but my little sister as well," I said and took one of the empty seats.

"I'm her mate, therefore, I deserve to be here too," Calvin voiced out and I scowled at him.

"Alright, then let's get started..."

Calvin

I was unhappy that the Alpha of that another pack came down to discuss about the strategies that we were about to put together, to find Beatrix. I was even madder to have found out earlier that the day before Beatrix was captured; she spent the night at the Alpha's house.

God knows what they were doing.

"We actually can't really do much right now," Alpha Eddie announced regretfully, "Because the rogues are usually doing sudden attacks and we totally have no clue where their hiding place is. But Valerie already sends us their message that they are declaring war. We just have no idea when will it be."

"Then I guess at the moment, we have to train our people as much as we can. Plus, we don't know whether the rogues will be attacking from your pack or mine first. Or even both. I must say that the rogues are getting smarter nowadays but we shall not give up. Both of our sisters are in their hand," I heard Brody say. I wasn't going to address him as alpha anymore - damn alpha.