My Mate's Choice 10

Calvin

I haven't been seeing Beatrix anywhere in school, in history, in cafeteria, at the lockers or even anywhere. It was Monday again and it had been 4 days since I last met her in the woods and also the incident whereby I had hurt her by accident. I was still worried but there wasn't any way for me to just show up at the pack house looking for her. It will make people suspicious if people were to suddenly ask why I was looking for Beatrix when all these while, I never had spoken to her.

"Sally?" I squinted my eyes when I saw Sally, Beatrix's best friend coming out from the washroom. Running after her, I tapped her shoulder.

"Yes?" she asked, looking at me.

"Erm hi. I just wanted to ask where Beatrix is."

"Hmmm, why do you ask?" She questioned me again and pushed her big spectacles up.

"Oh, our history teacher kept asking for her. I just wanted to know whether she's just skipping History or is she not in school?"

Sally sighed. "Didn't you hear about Beatrix getting injured last week? She's badly hurt and still under the pack doctor's care. The Alpha suspects the rogue and they are now planning strategy for war."

"She's badly hurt?" I pretend to be shock.

"Yes. I pity her a lot. It was only a scratch on her arm but she's so weak right now. The doctor suspects that the rogue had gotten some venom into Beatrix's veins, causing her to be weak. I visited her yesterday and she was so pale, it makes me sad."

"Oh, okay. Hmm, thank you Sally. I'll see if I have the time to visit her at the pack house today," I said, waving off the conversation and walked to the opposite direction.

* * *

Right after school ended, I informed Valerie that I had to be somewhere and changed into my wolf form and rushed to the pack house. I needed to see Beatrix so badly. I wanted to know how hurt she was. I didn’t expect the scratch to have caused her to be like this. I wanted her to know how sorry I was.

Without changing back to human form, I quickly went to search for the window to the pack's clinic. I had to peek at all of the windows that I encountered and Beatrix's scent actually helped a lot. I stopped just right outside the window to see Beatrix lying down on the high single bed.

And, she wasn't alone. There was this guy next to her and I of course recognized him. The Alpha. The Morning Shadow Pack's Alpha. Why was he so close to Beatrix? I had a fistful of mud in my paws as I watched him helped Beatrix sat up and then fed her a bowl of porridge that was on the nightstand.

I wanted to growl but that would only make my presence known. That should be me! Not that bloody Alpha. Who cares if he was the Alpha? He was messing with my mate. Didn't he have a mate to take care of?

'Didn't you have a mate to take care of?' My wolf said to me, sarcastically. He too hadn't stop scolding me since that night. He shunned me off totally and only came to talk or rather to irritate me when he wanted to.