My Mate's Choice 24

Beatrix

"Do you believe him?" I asked Gabriel as I let a tear drop, pain from earlier grip.

"I don't know," I heard Gabriel answered frustratingly. He stomped towards his bed and sat down with extra force. "I have no idea how the fuck he found my keys."

I just looked down on the ground, letting my tears fall. I was also in fear in case Gabriel thought it was me and would punish me. But then, suddenly Gabriel was next to me and pulling me into a hug.

"I'm not accusing you," he murmured into my hair which caused my tears to flow even faster. "But... everything is just not making sense."

"I...I... Let me resume my sleep," was all I could say as I tried to wiggle out of his arms.

"No, please stay. Your arm needs to be nursed," Gabriel said.

"No, it's okay. I wanna go sleep," I said and forced myself out of his arms and room. I was crying because I felt bad which I shouldn't be. I wanted this. I wanted to get out of here and bring the others out as well from being a prisoner.

But I understood why I was feeling like this; I had betrayed Gabriel like Calvin had betrayed me and the feeling of being betrayed is painful.

Calvin

"What do you mean he's your mate?" Alpha Eddie blared at Valerie who was trying so hard to pick the guy whom she claimed as her mate up.

"Look at him," Valerie shrieked, "Its Matt. Someone please help him."

"I thought he's dead," I found myself whispering. I never knew who Valerie's mate was but I believed the other pack members recognized him because they started helping him.

I suddenly found it unfair that only now that this Matt guy had to appear. Because should he had appeared earlier, I would no longer be with Valerie and I could happily be with Beatrix. And through that, Beatrix of course wouldn't have gone away.

"Calvin, go to sleep while we settle Matt down." That was Beatrix's dad. We didn't have a very close relationship but he wasn't very mean either. But I was sure I wasn't his favourite guy.

* * *

I was awoken by someone shaking my shoulder vigorously. I was asleep on the couch in Beatrix's room with the teddy bear that I had given her during her birthday. It was the only way for me to feel that I was sleeping with Beatrix in my arms.

"What is it?" I groaned.

"Matt has woken up and he knows where Beatrix is at right now," Valerie spat the whole sentence in almost one breath and it was enough to make me jumped out of the couch. "He wants to speak to you."

"Where is he?" I asked immediately, dropping the teddy bear on the couch.