My Mate's Choice 11

Calvin

"I'm not bull..." I stopped speaking when the door knob was being twisted and the door went open. I let out a sigh of relief when it was just Jean. I wouldn't want anyone else entering the room with me on top of Beatrix.

"Calvin? What are you doing on top of Beatrix?" She asked me, eyeing me. I quickly got down and pulled her into the room, closing the door.

"Uh I'm just..." I looked over at Beatrix, hoping that she would help me answer this little girl which she did not. "I'm just helping Beatrix. Uh she's in pain," I lied.

"Can you send me to bed already?" Jean asked me, totally ignoring what I had answered her.

"Uh sure," I said. I walked over to Beatrix and whispered, "I'll come back."

Then I picked Jean up and rested her on my hip, walking out of the clinic's room and into her's. It was only 9pm and I was surprised that the pack room was already quiet. I slipped Jean under her covers and placed her favourite toy doll next to her before cuddling her.

"Calvin?" Jean called.

"Yes Jean?"

"Why do you not want to live her with me anymore?"

"I want to live with Valerie," I said softly. Did I really want to live with her now? "She's my girlfriend," I continued and winced quietly when I had to say that she was my girlfriend.

"Did she not want to live with us?"

"No. She wants privacy."

"What is privacy?" Jean asked again and this time in a sleepy tone.

"It means she wants her personal space, Jean."

"Why can't Beatrix become your girlfriend? She's nice and pretty and she plays with me. Valerie doesn’t want to play with me," Jean complained. It was true. Valerie wouldn't even come near Jean or any other kids regardless of age or gender. Not that she hated them but being around them made her think of her younger brother and she didn't want to be upset about it. And then, why couldn't Beatrix be my girlfriend? Because she's my mate and should already hold onto that tittle.

I didn't answer Jean as I heard her light snore and heavy breathing. I smiled and kissed her forehead before cuddling her. I stayed for about another 30 minutes before slowly sneaking out of her bed and her room. Making sure that the coast was clear for me to move, I went to the clinic's room. I leaned my ear on the door, to make sure that Beatrix was alone.

Once I was sure that Beatrix was alone, I sneaked into the room. Beatrix was still awake and she was just looking blankly at me as I tip toed into the room dramatically. I sat down on the chair next to the bed and Beatrix was still looking at me. We remained in silence as we looked at each other.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked, breaking the silence.