My Mate's Choice 12

Brody

I made my way slowly to Beatrix's resting room. The rogues, the damn rogues attacked my pack again last night. And not forgetting that they still have my sister in their hands. I wondered why they were still not calling for war. Oh, of course they wouldn't. All they would just do would be attacking suddenly and made us all loss.

Groaning, I opened the door to Beatrix's room and saw that she was up. She was frowning while looking at me. "Are you alright, Beatrix?" I asked as I closed the door behind me and walked towards her.

"Yeah. I was just looking...uh, never mind."

"Who are you looking for?" I asked, trying to get her to finish what she wanted to say.

"Calvin," she answered quietly.

"Calvin? Calvin, as in your mate?"

"Yeah. He came last night and he said he was gonna sleep with me. But I woke up and he's not here. He didn't stay," Beatrix whispered sadly and I caught a tear slipped down her cheek.

That Calvin! I may not be related to Beatrix but she was like a sister to me already. She was the one who kinda opened my eyes from being that arrogant piece of an Alpha. I wouldn't want anybody especially Calvin who got Beatrix's hopes high just left her broken all alone.

"Do you wanna go find him now? He must have some reason to leave?" I said, trying to calm Beatrix down. If Beatrix agreed to go find Calvin, I'd be more than happy to follow and give that man a piece of advice.

"But he should be in school now."

"So you mean he left because he had to be in school?" I asked, frowning. Maybe Beatrix was the one who was overacting to have her mate by her.

"No. I know wolf's smell could still linger about 6-7 hours after they left. I woke up this morning about 11 and I couldn't scent him at all. He left in the middle of the night," Beatrix explained, "Probably just a few minutes after I fell asleep."

"Do you wanna see him, Beatrix?" I asked again.

"Yes and No," Beatrix answered sulkily.

Sighing, I pulled Beatrix by the hand, "Come on, let's go find him in school. You're not gonna get through the day if there's something on your mind."

Mid-way, we saw Eddie, Beatrix's brother came out from his meeting room. "Eddie, I'm just gonna head out for a while with Brody," Beatrix informed her brother and I saw Eddie's eyebrows raised.

"My promise is that I'm gonna bring Beatrix back home, safe and sound," I quickly muttered to Eddie and pulled Beatrix into my car.

Calvin