My Mate's Choice 36

Beatrix

Just right after she finished talking, when in the first place she should have kept her mouth shut, Calvin entered the kitchen along with his brother, Sean. And it just made me feel even madder than I already was.

And to vent my anger, physically, I threw the mug that Jean had used to drink on the sink and the force was strong that the mug broke into pieces on the zinc sink.

"Hey Beatrix, calm down," I heard Sean said. Yes, Sean and not Calvin. I looked up from the sink and saw Calvin quickly took Jean from the counter of the kitchen.

"Calm down?" I asked, sarcastically. "You want me to calm freaking down after what she had to say?" I yelled to Sean.

"Beatrix, calm down my dear," I heard the Luna's voice and suddenly, the kitchen became crowded when I started recognizing Eddie's face, Matt's, Mom and Dad.

"Calm down?" I asked, again before turning to Valerie, "Would it put you in peace to ever think that I was in a relationship with Matt before? Would it make your heart breaks if Matt ever chooses me over you, his mate? Would it make you smile that Matt and I ever had sex while we were with the rogues? Would you still be calm if you ever caught me with Matt hugging or kissing?"

My voice was rising as I said every single word. I couldn't control anything anymore. I was too angry and my heart was in a pain.

"Is it true?" were the words I heard from Valerie, asking Matt. Hah. So much of trying to advise me.

"We did nothing, my love," I heart Matt answer but Valerie was already running out of kitchen. Serve you right, I thought to myself.

"What is this Beatrix Anderson?!" Eddie boomed. "Don't destroy other people's relationship when yours is the one with problems."

I looked at Eddie, bewildered and then watched him leave the kitchen with Celina following him but kept looking at me. Everyone soon left except for Calvin and Jean. I needed no one, at that point of time.

It was official; Valerie was ruining me and I hated her so bad.

Because of her, Eddie scolded me for the matter that I had the right to be mad of. Because of her, I couldn't find myself able to trust my mate. Because of her, I couldn't have the luxury of having my mate all to myself. Because of her, I couldn't be happy.

"Beatrix..." I heard Calvin whisper and looked up only to find him already by my side. He wanted to touch me but I quickly stopped him.

"Don't," I said, sternly. "Don't try, Calvin. I don't think we can work anymore." I told him and I meant it. With that, I ran up the stairs and into my room.

I wasn't going to make Calvin choose. I will step back at my own will and I won't expect Calvin to follow my steps.

I had given this pack enough problems as well and I didn't want to be the next reason why. My happy ending was not here and won't be here soon. I have to find my way.