Chapter 36- Perfect Two

You can be the peanut butter to my jelly

You can be the butterflies I feel in my belly

You can be the captain and I can be your first mate

You can be the chills that I feel on our first date

You can be the hero and I can be your sidekick

You can be the tear that I cry if we ever split

You can be the rain from the cloud when it's stormin'

Or you can be the sun when it shines in the mornin'

I continued pacing back and forth while shaking my hands and sometimes jumping slightly, “are you going to tell me what this is about?” Luke asked sitting on the end of the bed with his hands clasped together.

“I just need a minute to psyche myself up,” I told him, stopping for a moment then continued.

“You aren’t breaking up with me are you?”

“God no!” I said loudly freezing but started freaking out internally again. “I want to show you something but I don’t want you to get the wrong idea”

“Just tell me”

“I can’t…I need to show you. I just can’t build up the courage to set it off”

“Brooklyn…”

“Can you do me a favor?”

“Sure. What is it?”

I took my bottom lip between my teeth then released it a second later, “can you…please…take your bracelets off?” I saw him stiffen but relaxed after a second.

“Why?”

“Just…please?”

“Um…yeah,” he said then I watched as he took them off. I took my bracelets off my right wrist and let them fall to the floor, “babe what’s going on?”

I stood in-between his legs and held his wrists up so I could see his scars. My eyes met his and I bit my lip again. I took his hand and placed my wrist face up in it. I watched as he looked down and observed the pale, white, lines on my wrist.

“Brooklyn…” I put my finger to his lips and stood back slightly.

I curled my fingers around the underside of my flannel. I took a deep breath before pulling it over my head revealing my black, cropped singlet and the rest of my baggage to his eyes. I held my breath subconsciously as I felt him run his thumb along the part of my body I hated the most. I looked down at him and saw he was already looking up at me. I ran my hand along his cheek and he put more pressure on it. When he looked back up at me I saw his eyes had become glassy. I swallowed the lump in my throat and felt the tears start to well up.

“I’m sorry I just…I wanted to show you how much you mean to me,” I whispered and dropped my head.

“Hey,” he cooed lifting it up. “Thank you…so much,” I gave him a weak smile and he returned it.

“I love you so much”

“I love you too,” he said then I bent down and placed my lips against his.

“You guys aren’t having sex are you?” I heard Calum ask from the other side of the door.

“No!” I called back.

“Can we come in?”

“Give us a sec,” I told them and picked my flannel off the floor and put it on along with my bracelets. “You good?” I asked Luke and he nod.

I gave him a quick peck before opening the door for the boys, “I thought Luke was finally getting in there,” Ash chuckled and flopped onto his bed.

“I’m too immature and emotionally unstable for such a step,” I laughed and laid on Luke’s and my bed.

“So what did you two get up to?” Mike asked.

“It’s none of your business,” Luke told them.

“I just hope you kept all your clothes on,” Calum smirked.

“Yes Calum”

“Good children,” I rolled my eyes at him and snuggled into Luke who had decided to lay beside me.

“You guys are too cute,” Ashton told us.

“You’re just jelly,” I smirked.

“I have Emilia,” he smirked.

“Are you two going out?” I shouted sitting up right.

“Well…not exactly but we’ve been talking a lot”

“Awe!” I cooed and he went red. “I ship you two”

“Please don’t start”

“You’ve dug your own grave,” Luke chuckled with a smirk.

“Fuck you Luke. Control your lover”

“Nothing I can do”

“Well you’re useless if you can’t control your own girlfriend”

“This bundle of heavy explosive can’t be controlled,” I smirked poking my tongue at him then laid back down.