Chapter 35- To Build A Home

There is a house built out of stone

Wooden floors, walls and windowsills

Tables and chairs worn by all of the dust

This is a place where I don't feel alone

This is a place where I feel at home.

"I feel really bad Em," I admitted.

I was sat like you would lie in a bathtub, mainly because I was in a bathtub but that's beside the point. My knees were bent so I had my laptop resting on my thighs as I Skyped Emilia.

"About Ashton or Luke?"

"Luke. Ashton got what was coming to him," I laughed.

"Have you talked to him about it?" she asked.

From what I could see she was laying on her stomach and she had her chin in her hands, keeping her head up, "no. Every time I try he's always got something to do or he's tired or I can't get the words out. Sometimes I can't even get his name out to try and catch his attention" I frowned and she did also. "He's done so much for me and I just want to give him something back"

"Like what?"

"A girlfriend who isn't so fucked up"

"Remember, he fell for you while you're fucked up," I cracked a smile and saw her crack one too.

"I wish you weren't so far away"

"Same. Why don't you do something to do with the fans?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know"

"You're so helpful," I told her, sarcasm dripping with every word.

"Well I'm sorry"

"Don't you dare sass me"

"I will if I wish," I rolled my eyes but my smile gave it no power.

"I need a way to show him how much he means to me. Something I've never done for anyone else"

"Give him your virginity?"

"I'm no where near ready for something like that"

She was quite for a while until she jolted upright with a bright smile, "show him your scars"

I took a sharp intake of breath, "what?"

"Show him your scars. Trust me...it will mean everything to him"

"I...I don't know," I told her and started scratching under the bracelets on my right wrist.

"It was just a suggestion"

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I'm going to do it," I smiled causing her to smile.

"That's my girl"

"You just made this weird"

"I'm here without you baby but you're still in my dreams so that's ok," I gave her a 'WTF' look and she laughed.

"I would date you but that'd be cheating on Luke and I don't want to lose him"

"Awe but baby...we can run away together and live out our lives without having to worry about what society says"

I shuttered and she burst into laughter, "this is getting too weird so I'm going to go"

"But baby"

"Bye Emilia"

"Bye Brooklyn," she smiled and logged off.

A knock on the door made me jump, "Brooklyn...are you alright?" I heard Mike asked.

I dragged myself out of the tub and opened the door, "could you and the guys do me a favor tonight?"

"Depends," he said leaning against the doorframe.

"Can you keep Ash busy for like an hour or so?"

"Are you going to..."

"No! As I said to Emilia, I am way too immature for something big like that. I just want to do something for Luke"

"Then why are we keeping Ashton busy?"

"Because he's also staying in this room"

"Oh! Yeah we can do that. We'll just go get food and maybe catch a movie or something"

"Thanks Mike," I smiled and hugged him with my free arm.

"No problem Brooke," I bit my lip and looked down. "What?"

"Can you just...not call me that? It brings back too many painful memories"

"Yeah of course. Sorry"

"Don't worry about it," I smiled shaking it off.