Chapter 18- When I'm Gone

And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn

Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice

Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling

And I didn't feel a thing, so baby don't feel no pain

Just smile back

Luke's P.O.V

"Come on Luke. We need to go," Ashton told me. But I didn't feel obliged to move, I needed to watch her, "Luke!'

"What!" I asked and looked at him.

"We need to go"

"Fine," I groaned and he just glared at me.

I took one last glance at Brooklyn then followed him out, "what took you so long?" Calum asked.

"Grumble guts here kept ignoring me," he replied and I just rolled my eyes. "See?"

"Just shut up Ashton"

"Don't take your anger out on me. I'm not the one who had a fight with her"

"I said shut up," I snapped and everyone fell silent. "Let's just go," I said then go into the car.

"What's with you man? You're not yourself tonight," Calum told me.

"I don't want to talk about it"

I turned on When I'm Gone by Eminem and one line caught my attention; what happens when you become the main source of her pain? I let out a deep sigh and watched the scenery that raced past on the short drive to the venue. Once we got inside I was pulled aside by Ashton as Calum and Michael kept walking.

"What the..."

"What is wrong with you?" he cut in before I could finish my sentence.

"Nothing," I lied and went to walk away but he pushed me against the wall; man banging those drums made him strong.

"Tell me what's going on with you Luke. You haven't been acting yourself lately and you being rude and moody is really starting to piss me off. So spill the beans"

"Pushing me against a wall isn't exactly the best way to get it out of me"

"Tell me Luke so help me I will..."

"Fine!" I shouted and pushed him back slightly. "It's Brooklyn, ok? I like her and you guys making jokes about me liking her and you making moves on her is pissing me off and she doesn't seem to care"

"Care about what?"

"Me," I mumbled and I was shockingly pulled into a hug.

"Have you tried making a move?" he asked after he let me go.

"I kind of did"

"What'd you do?"

"We kissed one night at the hotel"

"You kissed? You were her first kiss?"

"Yes"

"That's a big move"

"Yeah but she hasn't really shown any interest in me since that night," as soon as the words left my mouth he started laughing. "What?"

"I guess what they say is true. When two people like each other everyone knows but them"

"What are you on about?"

"Dude...it's so obvious she likes you"

"Not after today"

"She looked gutted when you yelled at her. She definitely likes you"

"What do I do?"

"Apologize for what you did and the way you acted"

"What if she hates me?"

"She doesn't hate you"

"How do you know?"

"You can see it in her eyes"

"Are you sure?" he laughed and I just looked at him.

"Yes mate I'm sure. C'mon...I think you need to apologies to the others"

"Sorry Ash," I said with my head down.

"It's alright mate," he smiled and pat my back.(Daddy Ashton to the rescue)

+++++

"Man, she really did need sleep," Calum chuckled as we walked back into the hotel room to find Brooklyn still asleep.  

"She's catching up on the sleep she's missed in the past three years," I laughed.

A frightened whimper fell her lips causing me to look at her and she mouthed a no; instantly notifying me she was having a bad dream. I looked around seeing if any of the others noticed anything but they were too engrossed in what they were doing to notice. I kicked off my shoes and took off my jacket the crawled into the bed beside her. I felt her arm instantly wrap around me and her face burry into my chest.

"You two are so cute together," Michael thinks out loud.

"Thanks," I smiled and started stroking her hair.