Chapter 34- Weightless

But it's gonna be my year

And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere

And this is my reaction

To everything I fear

Cause I've been going crazy I don't want to waste another minute here

"Irwin! Get yo lazy ass out of this bed before I roll it out myself," I ordered and he just groaned and covered his eyes with his arm.

"What day is it?" he asked.

"Monday," I smiled biting my lip.

"Why are you awake so early? We usually have to wake you up"

"Today is special," I answered.

"How?" after those words left his lips the guys burst into the room and we all started screaming Happy Birthday at the top of our lungs. Michael held the cake out and we all cheered as Ashton blew out the candles.

"I hate you all," Ashton chuckled with and ear-to-ear smile after we'd finished.

"How's it feel to be twenty?" Calum asked.

"Remarkably, exactly the same as when I was nineteen," I laughed at him and felt Luke wrap his arms around my waist.

"You're next," I whispered to Luke.

"Has your mum called yet?" Luke asked him.

"No. She's probably going to cry"

"I would too if my baby was twenty," I laughed.

"I'm her oldest"

"I know. You're still her baby"

"Luke's a baby," he laughed and Luke just told him to shut up.

Ashton's phone started ringing and he quickly ran into the bathroom before slamming the door, "that so wasn't his mum," Calum laughed.

"I bet its Emilia," I laughed.

"Let's hope so," Luke commented.

We all sat waiting for the birthday boy to emerge but it was ten minutes later when he did.

"Who was that?" I asked calmly.

"No one," he said looking at me skeptically.

"Don't fucking lie to me," I shouted and Luke pulled me down.

"Was it a certain girl whose name starts with an E and ends with an a?" Calum asked.

"Maybe"

"I would save the embarrassment Irwin and just tell us before we let...Brooklyn here go ape shit on your ass for the answers," Michael told him being as professional as he could.

"Why do you want to know who called me?" Ashton asked once again letting his arm dangle by his side.

"Just fess up and no one gets hurt...intentionally," Luke offered but he still wouldn't take it.

"It was just an old friend," he lied.

"Don't bullshit us Irwin," I told him.

"I thought it was good cop, bad cop not good cop, good cop, good cop, bad cop"

"Don't change the subject. Just tell us what we want to know," I demanded as Luke held me down.

"I'm not telling any of you anything"

"If I find out it's my best friend then so help me god you will regret it"

"I thought you wanted us to get together?"

"Oh I do...but it's the lying that's digging your grave"

"I'm not telling any of you anything," he challenged.

I got up and got as far in his face as I could before turning back to the guys, "pin him"

Ashton's expression changed to one of shock before the three boys managed to somehow pin him to the bed as I grabbed his phone. I sat on his back as I went onto his recent calls.

"Em with a blue love heart. Scandals," I said with a cheeky smirk then pressed the name and hit the speaker button..

"Ash what's up? I called you just a second ago," Emilia spoke.

"Why hello my dear best friend. It seems that the birthday boy has been lying to us. We are going to punish him however we see fit so don't be alarmed if he texts you at any point today telling you how much he hates his life. Also...he put a blue heart next to your name in his contact list," I smirked then hung up the phone.

"You're a bitch," he told me.

"You only just figured that out?" I said with a laugh.