Chapter 59- The Sun Is Rising

When life has cut too deep and left you hurting

The future you had hoped for is now burning

And the dreams you held so tight lost their meaning

And you don't know if you'll ever find the healing

As the light rain dropped onto the fabric of my oversized hoodie all that swirled around my head was big blue eyes and a tall blonde quiff. I had my earbuds cord under my hoodie to keep it from the rain. I had my sad playlist on as I soaked up the lyrics. As I walked I felt my legs start to feel like jelly. I pulled out my phone to check the time and gasped. I'd been walking for two and a half hours.

I observed my surroundings and saw I had a vague idea of where I was. I continued to let my brain's subconscious setting direct me and when I stopped I ended at a house. It was big, from what I could see. I looked at the front door and kept wondering where I was and why I was here.

"Are you alright?" a woman asked from the front door, only sticking her head out.

"I'm sorry but I have no idea why I'm here," I replied through the now hammering rain.

"Do you want to come inside? It's pouring," she looked somewhat familiar.

Blonde hair, blue eyes, "no thank you. I'll just dirty your floors"

"You sure dear. You look cold and your lips are turning blue," she told me.

"I'm fine"

"How did you get here?"

"I walked"

"How far?"

"What's the time?"

"Three. Why dear?"

"Then it took me three hours to walk here," I told her and heard a faint gasp come from her lips.

"You must be exhausted. Come inside dear," she insisted.

"No thank you. I'm fine here"

"I insist"

"Who is it mum?" a voice asked.

"What's your name dear?" she asked.

That's when I knew where I was. I was standing outside the Hemmings' house talking to Liz, who had no idea who I was.

"I-I've got to go," I said then turned to walk away.

"Brooklyn?" shit.

I turned back around to see Luke, "I uh..."

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I honestly have no idea. My mind sought of subconsciously told me legs to bring me here. I don't even know how I know where you live," I answered honestly.

"Do you want to come in?"

"I'm just going to go," I said then started walking.

After about twenty seconds I heard my name being called out. I turned to be faced with Luke who was standing about ten meters away. He had a black hoodie protecting his quiff and his tattered black vans on his feet.

"You'll get a cold," I told him.

"So will you," he smiled.

"I found out my brother's girlfriend had a baby and they gave her away," I said breaking the silence that had washed over us.

"That sucks"

"My so called family sucks"

"Brooklyn why are you really here?"

"I told you the truth Luke. I don't know"

"Your lips are blue," he pointed out.

"Maybe I'm wearing blue lipstick"

"Impossible. You always used to complain to me about how you hate rainbow colour lip sticks beside red," he told me and I felt my heart swell.

"I'm surprised you remember that"

He just shrugged, "it just popped into my brain"

"Did you mean what you said at the airport?" I asked pushing my hoodie down with my hands that were in the front pocket.

"What?"

"Do you still love me?"

"Yeah. I'm just still hurt from the whole Ash thing," he said and looked at the path.

"I swear to you that I didn't kiss him. He kissed me"

"I know," I heard him mumble.

"I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"All the shit I've put you through"

He shrugged, "it's fine"

"I bet your fans are stoked that we're no longer together"

"I uh...I haven't told them yet"

"What?" I asked in shock.

"I was putting it off when we broke up because I was going to see if you'd give me another chance. But I-yeah"

"You wanted me back?"

"It's not a past tense thing. It still applies to now," he said and my mouth hung open slightly.

"Seriously?" he just nod. "I don't know what to say," I admitted then it fell silent.

"Well uh...if we're done here I'm going to go back inside," he said then awkwardly started to turn.

"I'll just start my walk home," I said and watched as he started to walk to the door. I took a deep breath, "Luke!' I called causing him to stop.

I ran up to him and looked up at him. He stared down at me with those eyes and I couldn't hold it anymore. I left my hand slide up to caress his cheek. He smiled down at me and I felt myself smile back.

"I hate that you're so much taller," I laughed.

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Shrink so this is easier"

"What's easier?"

"This," I said then reached up and kissed him.

I felt his hands place them on my waist as he kissed me back. I moved my arms so they wrapped around his neck and I felt him smile.

"As much as I approve of makeup's, you're both going to get sick," Liz's voice told us, startling us.

We both laughed at her. She gestured for us to come inside so I reluctantly did so. I peeled off my hoodie and slipped off my shoes as I stood at the door.

"You can walk in further," Luke chuckled.

"I know but I'm dripping," I laughed.

"I'll give you some clothes to borrow," he smiled causing me to smile.

The End