Chapter 54- Sad Song

Without you, I feel broke.

Like I'm half of a whole.

Without you, I've got no hand to hold.

Without you, I feel torn.

Like a sail in a storm.

Without you, I'm just a sad song.

I'm just a sad song.

Luke’s P.O.V

“I would have come,” I heard softly as I walked past the other room.

“Luke was with me,” I heard Brooklyn reply.

“I thought you hated each other,” the voice I could now identify as Ashton’s.

“Lets just say…or relationship is rather bipolar”

“Do you still love him?”

“Of course I do”

“Why?”

“Because he’s the first person I’ve ever loved. I cant get over him just like,” I heard her click, “that”

“What if I told you I loved you?”

“Ash…”

“What? You can’t tell me you didn’t see it coming”

“How long?”

“How long what?”

“How long have you liked me?”

“Since the beginning. Was it not obvious when I tried to kiss you”

“I was too focused on Luke to be honest,” I felt myself smirk, knowing I was more important to her than Ashton was kind of uplifting.

“What’s so grate about Luke anyway? He treats you like shit, he cheated on you and he ignores you. I love you Brooklyn and I could be so much better than him,” I wanted to burst through that door and kick his face in but kept myself tamed.

“That’s a bit harsh considering he’s your best friend”

“Brooklyn, I could be so much better than him if you just give me a chance”

“Ash…that’s wrong and kind of slutty of me. I’m not going to date you. You’re Luke’s best friend and I don’t want to ruin what we have left. I’m sorry Ashton but…no,” I heard her go to walk away but then silence fell. “What the fuck Ashton!” she screamed seconds after the silence.

“I’m so sorry! I can’t help it. It’s what you do to me Brooklyn,” he said and I knew he was going to do something so I pushed the door open.

I stood shocked when I saw they were kissing. She pushed him back and was about to yell but she noticed his eyes weren’t on her. She followed his gaze and when she saw me her face fell.

“Luke…”

“Don’t even bother,” I said and walked out.

“Luke please. I didn’t kiss him he kissed me!”

“I don’t want to hear it Brooklyn”

“Please stop,” she squealed and tried to pull me back.

“Don’t touch me,” I spat.

“So it’s ok for you to kiss a random girl and I don’t even get a word in when your best friend kisses me?”

“You just said it. He’s my best friend Brooklyn!”

“And I didn’t kiss him. He kissed me!”

“Don’t even try that with me!”

“Just listen to me”

“Just leave me alone,” I said then slammed the door in her face.

I wiped under my eyes as I leant against the door. My breathing was heavy and I felt my heart shatter. The image of Ashton and Brooklyn continued to play in my mind.

“What’s wrong with you?” Calum asked, running to my side.

“I saw Brooklyn and Ashton kissing”

“What the fuck?”

“I don’t know what to do Cal”

“Did you at least hear her out?”

“That’s all you can say? Did I hear her out?”

“She listened to you and forgave you Luke”

“It’s fucking Ashton for God’s sake!”

“Luke”

“I don’t want to hear it”