Chapter 6- Fix You

When you try your best, but you don't succeed

When you get what you want, but not what you need

When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone, but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Luke's P.O.V

I let out an exhausted yawn and started making my way into the kitchen only to find Brooklyn sitting on the bed watching TV.

"What's up?" I asked; sitting next to her with my glass of water in my hand.

"Mum didn't give me my sleeping pills so I probably won't be able to get to sleep until four in the morning," she shrugged.

 I thought for a moment then shot up and ran to my suitcase. I unscrewed the cap and took out one of the little white tablets. I sat back on the couch then turned to her.

"Here," I said giving it to her and my glass of water.

"Did my mum give you these?" she asked.

"Yeah, when she stopped me at the airport," I smiled and she smiled back. "How long does it take for them to work?"

"About twenty minutes," she shrugged.

"Is there anything else that helps you sleep?" she went to speak but then closed her mouth.

"It's stupid and embarrassing," she told me.

"What is it?"

"Nothing"

"Please. I want to help you sleep"

She sighed heavily as she searched my eyes; "mum and dad used to let me cuddle them and they'd play with my hair," she said not making eye contact.

"Come on," I told her as I stood up.

"What?" she asked in shock.

"You need to sleep so I'll help you," I answered offering her my hand.

"My bed or yours?"

"Which ever you want," I smiled and she weakly smiled back.

She climbed into my bed and I followed suit. I laid down with my arm out and she looked at me for a moment.

"Are you going to lay down or what?" I chuckled.

She hesitantly rested her head on my chest and I started running my left hand through her hair.

"Why do you want a hedgehog?"

"Vic stole a hedgehog from a pet store for Kellin. I thought it was cute and so are baby hedgehogs," she explained making us both laugh. "Thank you for this Luke. No one's ever been willing to do something like this for me in a long time".

"I just want to make sure you're safe and I want you to be able to find the real you," she yawned with a smile then threw her arm around my waist.

It was silent for ages and I was about to say something until Brooklyn cut me off, "Can you tell me some things about yourself?"

"Well...I'm 18, I'm 6'4", my favorite animal is a penguin, I like the colour blue, I'm the lead singer and one of the guitarists, I have two older brothers' named Ben and Jack, I'm full Australian..." I looked down at her and saw she was asleep.

"What cha doin?" a heard a voice ask from behind me.

"Nothin'," I replied and turned my head to see Calum hanging out of his bunk.

"Doesn't look like nothing," he laughed quietly whilst wriggling his eyebrows.

"She couldn't sleep"

"Sure," he said and I rolled my eyes. "I'm glad she's touring with us".

"And why is that?"

"It changes things up a bit"

"Kay then"

"She did well today. I think the fans like her"

"Me too"

"It was funny how she fell off the couch"

"Very," I chuckled.

"Well...I'm going back to bed. Night Luke"

"Night Cal"