Chapter 39- I Feel Pretty/ Unpretty

I wish I could tie you up in my shoes

Make you feel unpretty too

I was told I was beautiful

But what does that mean to you

Look into the mirror who's inside there

The one with the long hair

Same old me again today

I heard some commotion over my music but I ignored the voices and kept my eyes closed. I felt the bed dip behind me and the right side of my ear headphones were removed from my ear.

"Hey baby," Luke's voice slurred.

I knocked his hand away and put it back on my ear. I rolled over more so I was almost lying on my front and had my knees pulled up to my chest.

"C'mon Brooke," I could practically hear him smirked as he took the headphone off again.

"I'm mad at you. Go away," I told him and tried to put them back on properly but he stopped me.

"Why are you mad at me?" I looked up and saw him pouting.

When I didn't respond he lifted me up and took my headphones and phone off me, "I was listening to that," I said angrily.

"Why are you listening to that song? It's so depressing"

"Thanks for that. And I am depressed and you're drunk so you can sleep in the tub for when you get a hangover and need to barf," I said and pulled the blankets up further.

I felt him get up and I thought he'd done as I'd told him but I saw him chuck his shirt and jeans over my head and they landed near the bathroom. The bed dipped again and the cold air attacked the back of my body as he lifted up the blankets. He put his arm around me but I took it off and moved closer to the end of the bed.

"C'mon Brooke," he chuckled like it was all a big game.

"Don't call me that and I'm mad at you so just piss off and go sleep with one of the other boys or I will"

"Baby stay," he begged and I felt him press a kiss to the back of my exposed shoulder.

"Luke, go away," I said and pushed him so he rolled onto his back.

"What'd I do?"

"What did I do? You're were being a fucking dick to me this morning and no one knows why? What's your damage?" I asked loudly and sat up so I could look at him.

"Just forget about that and cuddle me," he begged.

"No!" I shouted and threw back the covers.

"Brooke..."

"Oh my god stop saying that fucking name! it's not my name. My name is Brooklyn and you Mr. Hemmings are drunk off your ass and I don't want to be anywhere near you right now. Goodnight. Don't vomit in the bed tomorrow morning," I said then walked out of the room.

I knocked on Ashton's door quietly and he opened it before I could, "hey," he said and rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

"Yeah," he said and stepped aside so I could get through. We laid in his bed and I felt him wrap his arm around my waist, "what happened?" he asked quietly.

"He's just pissing me off so much. What happened tonight Ash?"

"I think he should tell you tomorrow if he remembers"

"Did something happen?"

"Like I said, that's for him to tell you"

++++

"Fuck my life!" someone shouted, waking me.

"What was that?" I asked Ashton who'd been woken too.

"I don't know," he admitted and we both got up to investigate.

I walked into Luke's and my room to find the bathroom door wide open and I could just see Luke's bum and his feet. I walked closer and stood at the door, watching him. The sound of the heaving alone was enough to make anyone sick but it didn't bother me. I was so temped to make a snide comment but this was punishment enough for him.

"Go ahead and say it," he said before spitting into the toilet and flushing it.

"Say what?" I asked.

"I'm a dick, I don't deserve you, you don't want to be with me anymore, you were right...you want to be with Ashton"

"Excuse me?" I asked in shock but he just threw up again.

I groaned to myself before sitting on the tub and stroking his back, "I'm sorry," he sobbed as he was still hunched over the bowl. "I'm so fucking sorry"

"Why were you in such a bad mood yesterday?"

"I don't know, but that's not what I'm talking about"

"Then...what are you talking about?" I asked sliding down to lean against the tub.

"What's on your wrist?" he asked causing me to look down.

"A white long sleeved shirt," I lied and pulled the sleeves of my sweater over my hands.

"Don't lie to me Brooklyn"

"Why are you sorry?" I asked diverting the subject back to the original matter at hand.

"I...I...I," he stuttered then closed his mouth.

"Come get me when you don't smell like vomit and alcohol," I told him then went to walk out.

"I kissed another girl," he blurted and I stopped dead in my tracks.