Chapter 49- Take A Bow

Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not

Baby when I know you're only sorry you got caught

But you put on quite a show

Really had me going

But now it's time to go

Curtain's finally closing

That was quite a show

Very entertaining

But it's over now (but it's over now)

Go on and take a bow

Luke’s P.O.V

Brooklyn didn’t come to the concert that night. She said something about Skyping Emilia. Honestly, I was hurt. I probably didn’t disserve to be hurt but I was. My heart felt sore and my body, numb. I kept getting the cords and lyrics wrong during practice.

“Luke mate, what’s up?” Michael asked after we finished Don’t Stop.

“I’m sorry guys but I can’t think straight right now,” I apologized and they all looked at me with concern.

“Is this about Brooklyn?” Calum asked.

“I seriously fucked up,” I said and they all nod.

“Let’s just take a tenner then we’ll try again yeah?” Ashton asked and we all nod.

I pulled out my phone as I sat on the edge of the stage and scrolled through Twitter. All I could think about was her smile.

 Luke Hemmings @Luke5SOS

I wish I could have been the one to give you the world.

Within the first couple of minutes I had a shit ton of favorites and retweets but none of the notifications had the name I wanted to see. I scrolled back to the top to refresh my feed and that’s when I saw it.

Brooklyn Williams @AmazingBrooklyn

You gave me the world in our short time but you just gave up trying. And that’s what hurt the most.

I felt everything inside me ache. She was right, I gave up trying and I chose the wrong actions. I was somehow able to successfully get through the rest of practice with only a few slip-ups. We migrated back to the dressing room to get ready when Ashton turned on some music. We all started dancing around so he decided to Keek it.

After he tapped away at his screen like a mad man my phone buzzed but what I got wasn’t what I expected.

Brooklyn Williams @AmazingBrooklyn

All you fangirls getter back the fuck off or you’re going to see my bad side.

I had a bunch of tweets telling me that she shouldn’t be talking to them like that and shit but I decided to do something I should have done weeks ago.

Luke Hemmings @Luke5SOS

If you didn’t say such mean things then maybe you wouldn’t be offended when you’re confronted.

Brooklyn Williams @AmazingBrooklyn

@Luke5SOS don’t start acting like you give a shit now!

I heard a chuckle come from Ashton, which seemed to have caught both the other boy’s attention, “what?” he asked.

“Why are you laughing?” I asked.

“Emilia just sent me a funny text,” he replied.

“Did you see what Brooklyn tweeted?” Calum asked.

“No,” he said then I saw him swiping at his phone.

It was silent for a while until one of the crewmembers came to get us. I sent Brooklyn a quick text then ran to catch up.

+++

Brooklyn was sitting in bed watching TV when we walked in, “sup short stuff?” Ashton asked after we walked in.

“TV is boring, there are no fights on Facebook about stupid stuff today and I gave up on Twitter hours go,” she said and flipped through the channels aimlessly. “Bob’s Burgers! Yes!” she cheered and turned the volume up.

The next couple of hours consisted of us watching Bob’s Burgers until Calum and Michael were asleep and Ashton and I could barely keep our eyes open. Brooklyn on the other hand, she looked like she wouldn’t need sleep for a month. I let my head roll over and I saw Ashton’s head was in her lap and she was playing with his hair.

Envy crept through my bones as I watched them interacting. Before I realized what I was doing I’d gotten up and walked out. Once I was about to lock the door I realized Calum was still in the other room. I just shrugged to myself. He wouldn’t mind sharing a bed with Michael for one night. I couldn’t carry him and Ashton was too tired to do so either. I stripped myself off and climbed under the doona and into the cold bed. And that’s when it finally hit me…she was gone. 

+++

A/N- thid chapter is so shit and I hate it but i had nothing else to write. I'm so sorry ☹