Chapter 56- Thief

I don't want to understand this horror

There's a weight in your eyes

I can't admit

Everybody ends up here in bottles

But the nametag's the last thing you wanted

Brooklyn's P.O.V

I played with my hands nervously as I sat in the bed. I felt like shit but I couldn't sleep. My mind was full and I kept imagining how the boys were going to react when they stormed in here. I was prepared for lots of yelling and shouting and scolding and a call from my mum and just...a mess. I heard a knock on the door and looked up to see a doctor I hadn't met.

"I see you're awake Miss Williams. How are you feeling?" I just stared at him, not replying. "Ok. I'm Dr. Gold and I'll be taking care of you during you're stay here," I nod and looked back at my hands. "Are you up for visitors? There are four boys in the hall who seem very eager to see you," I gave him a lazy shrug so he took that as a yes.

I looked to the bed beside me and saw it was empty. My attention was brought back to in front of me when my name was called. I looked at all four boys and could sense their disappointment.

"You scared the shit out of us," Michael tole me.

I dropped my head and felt my eyes start to water, "Please promise us you'll never do anything like that ever again," Calum told me.

"I can't," I said so low I couldn't even hear the whole statement.

"What?"

"I said I can't," I said louder.

"Brooklyn," I heard Ashton say.

"I can't promise you that because I seriously can not. In a week or so you'll go back to your families and we won't see each other ever again. When you forget I'll already be gone"

"We will never forget about you," Michael tried to reassure me.

"Luke already has," I saw the other three look at him and he looked confused.

"What?"

"As soon as you no longer have to see my face you'll be happy. I can see it already"

"Brooklyn...I still love you," he told me quietly. "Like you said just before you passed out. You heard everything I said that night"

"But you changed your mind when we saw. You hate me and now...I hate me too"

"I don't hate you"

"That's not what I heard"

"What did you hear?"

"You told me to go away because you hated me. When I kept knocking on the door"

"Brooklyn"

"Can you all please just go? I'm feeling really overwhelmed and disappointed with my life so I just want to be alone right now"

"You're on forty eight hour watch," Ashton told me before they left.

"That won't do anything," I replied then he shut the door.

I looked at the needle in my hand before following the clear tube to the IV drip hanging up. I thought real hard to see if I could remember if they managed suicide with a drip in any of the shows I watched. Nothing came to mind so I groaned and sat back against the bed. Maybe if I just pull out the drip and stab myself with the needle. I shook my head, pushing the thoughts away before sighing.

I looked at my red arms and let out another sight. I felt them start to itch so I gently scratched them. After a while of itching the feeling became deeper and more intense so I started a little harder. I hummed the tune of Sad Song by We The Kings as I absent-mindedly continued my actions. I suddenly felt a thick, runny substance on my fingers.

When I looked down I saw I had reopened a few of the cuts and blood had covered my fingers. I sighed heavily and rested my arm limply on my thighs. I closed my eyes and tried to relax on the rock-hard bed.

"What did you do?" a nurse asked, startling me.

"They were itchy and I scratched too hard," I told her but she just shook her head.

"Let me clean this up," she said as she grabbed some materials from outside my door.

She ended up wrapping my arms in bandages to stop me from scratching. I felt trapped and restricted. I mean yes, scratching wounds leads to scaring but the bandages only made my skin itch more. I scratched over the bandages and she swat my hand away.

"Stop," she demanded.

"But it's so itchy," I whined and she just scowled, causing me to sink into the mattress.

I looked up at her and she looked unimpressed before she walked out and shut my door loudly, making me jump. I slid lower in the bed and watched the door. My room and grown dark without the lights but two streams made their way in due to the two small windows on either side of the door.