Chapter 3- Wherever You Are

For a while we pretended

That we never had to end it

But we knew we'd have to say goodbye

You were crying at the airport

When they finally closed the plane door

I could barely hold it all inside

I nervously tapped my fingers against my thighs impatiently as I waited. I was squashed in between my parents with Jason and my Pop on the outside of them. I started scratching my cheek and mum slapped my hand away.

"You'll scar it," she hissed making me jump.

I lowered my hand and dropped my head, "I see you did show up," Luke's voice chuckled and I saw his feet.

I looked up at him and gave him a weak smile, "oh! These are the guys; Ashton, Michael and Calum".

Ashton had the biggest smile I've ever seen some have showing off his dimples. His sandy blonde hair was curly and ruffled to the side. His hazel eyes sparkled which went with his smile. He stood about six feet tall, impressive to my five foot four. He wore a blue tank top with a Captain America shield on the front, black skinny jeans and the same black vans as me.

Michael looked like my kind of guy- black hair, green eyes, about six feet three inches tall as well. He wore a Rolling Stones tank top, black skinny jeans and the same vans as me. His hair was spiked up at the back and his fringe was swept to the side as well. He gave me a smile making me smile.

Then was Calum. He had the darkest skin but it still pretty light. His black hair that had blonde dyed into his fringe was swept to the side and his wore a cheeky smile. His dark brown eyes held glints of happiness as he stood with his arms crossed. He stood about six one and the bottom of his ripped, black skinny jeans were rolled to his ankles. His NASA tee was the right mix between tight and baggy and his feet were covered by black and white vans.

Lastly was Luke, his blonde hair was in a quiff again and his blue eyes sparkled as he looked at me. His torso was covered by a Blink-182 tee, his bottom half was covered by black skinny jeans with a rip in the left knee and just like Calum the bottoms were rolled up to his ankles. Black vans covered his feet making me laugh.

"I'm Brooklyn," I introduced myself and went to shake their hands but was pulled into hugs instead.

When I was released I rolled the sleeves of my green and black checked flannel back up and tugged at the bottom. I turned to my family and stood there awkwardly.

"Well..." I smiled.

"Have fun," Jason smiled and was the first to hug me.

"I will," I laughed.

"By love," dad said giving me a brief hug.

"Don't open it until you get onto the plane," Pop whispered and I gave him a tight hug.

I stood in front of my mum and she suddenly latched onto me, "be safe, have fun but not too much fun, call me as much as possible, and stay out of trouble," I laughed and hugged her just as tightly as she hugged me.

"Mum..."

"Yes?"

"You know you actually have to let go of me for me to leave right?"

"I know. I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too," she suddenly let me go and I took a big breath.

"You boys better take care of my girl," my dad warned.

"We will," they chimed and I laughed.

"Come back smiling," mum whispered as she cupped my face and kissed my forehead.

"Can I go now?" I smiled.

"Go before I change my mind," she smiled and I grabbed my suitcase. "Oh wait!" she called and I groaned. "Luke," she said and gestured him over.

She whispered something into his ear and pushed something into his hand, "what was that about?" Calum asked and he shrugged it off.

"So Brooklyn...tell us about yourself," Michael told me.

"Well...I don't know what to say. Um...I'm 17, my favorite food is pizza..."

"I like you already," Michael told me and I laughed.

"My favorite colour is purple, I listen to music for a minimum of three hours a day, I listen to all genres of music, I play guitar, both electric and acoustic, I ship Kellic with my life and I feel really short compared to all of you," I laughed making them laugh.

"Kellic?" Ashton questioned.

"Kellin Quinn and Vic Fuentes. Duh"

"I knew that"

"No, you didn't"

"Maybe"

"Bitch please"

"What happened to your cheek?" Calum asked.

"My cat did it"

"Yoink!" Aston chuckled as he took my black bowler hat.

"That's mine!" I screamed and jumped for it but of course had no luck.

"Calm down shorty"

"I'll punch you in the balls," I warned and he quickly put it back on my head.