Chapter 51- Gnars Attacks

I can see the bitterness

In your confident smile.

This choice was yours.

And I can feel that everything,

everything is about to change.

"Where you off to B?" Mike asked as I grabbed my stuff in a hurry.

"I'm off to meet my real parent's don't wait up," I smiled but he objected.

"I'll come with you. I have nothing better to do," Luke smiled, getting out of Ashton's and my bed.

"If you want. I don't know what to expect so don't expect anything from me," I smiled.

"Wow. I haven't seen you this happy in a long time," Michael told me.

"I feel like I'm going to barf but I'm excited. I'm just so happy and I shouldn't have to hide it," I told him then started jumping on the spot. "You're taking too long," I whined.

"I'm coming," he chuckled as he tied up the laces to his black high-tops.

"Hurry up or I'm leaving without you," I grumbled then walked towards the door.

"Do you even know where to go?" he chuckled, following closely behind.

"I have the magic address that informs us where I shall change my life forever," I said and started spin jumping around the hall.

"We'll hail a cab," he told me with a big smile as he watched me.

++++

The house was gorgeous. It stood tall and proud, obviously well looked after. The front door was a dark kind of wood, making it stand out from the white exterior of the house. The porch was tidy with a swing to the left. To the right of the door were two, long and thin, frosted glass panels.

"Are you gonna knock?" Luke asked.

"This is a bad idea. I've changed my mind," I said then turned and started walking down the steps but I heard a knock. "What are you doing?" I whisper yelled.

"Oh hello," a man in his early thirties smiled.

"Hello. Is this the Anderson residence?" Luke questioned.

"Yes it is. Who are you if you don't mind me asking?" he seemed a bit weary of us but I was still glued to the stairs.

"Is your wife home?" I asked suddenly.

"Yes...who are you two?"

"I'm Luke and this is..."

"I'm Brooklyn," I said as I walked up the steps once again. "Brooklyn Williams," his face was blank.

"How did you..."

"My granddad gave me your address, told me to visit"

"Come in. come in," he said then stepped aside. "Kate!" he called.

"I'll be right down," a feminine voice replied.

I gulped as I stood beside Luke. I looked down at his hand, which kept brushing mine. He noticed my gaze and followed it.

"If you're scared, you can hold it and squeeze it when you need to," he whispered.

I shakily too it within my grasp and felt him give my hand a reassuring squeeze, "oh! Hello there," I was breathless.

She was gorgeous. Her blonde hair curled away from her face but sat wavy over her shoulders and back. Her smile was bright and gave her blue eyes a sparkle. I squeezed Luke's hand with all my strength and felt him squeeze it back. I opened my mouth to speak as she stood beside her husband but nothing came out.

"This is Luke and Brooklyn," he told her, turning his head so they could look at each other.

"Brooklyn?" she asked.

"Brooklyn Williams," he concurred. "Her granddad directed her here," he said quietly.

"Why are you here Brooklyn?" Kate asked politely as if there were the slight chance I was here for a different reason that her suspicions.

"I think you're my parents," I replied meekly. "Alison and Jeremy William ring any bells?"

"Oh my god," she gasped and covered her mouth.

I saw both of their eyes become glassy as they looked at me, "if you don't want me here I totally understand but I just wanted to meet you," I rushed.

Before there was a reply, a set of arms had been flung around me. I was taken aback but wrapped my arms around her too.

"My baby girl," she said quietly then pulled back and stared at me, as if I wasn't real or something.

I smiled to her then saw Colin. He stepped forward and looked at me a moment before hugging me too. I heard myself take a sharp breath then sniffle. When he let me go I looked at Luke who was wearing a big smile.

"Oh my. I...we can't believe you're here"

"Look so preft stand there in my mer parol underwear!" I heard a tiny voice shout.

We all laughed, "whose that?" I asked.

"Ashland!" the couple called at the same time and a small girl stood in the archway to what I presumed was the living room.

The tiny blonde looked at her parents for a minute then to me then over to Luke, which erupted a scream from her.