Opal Part Four: A Rose Quartz's Rage

"Run," Stevonnie glares, "run far, fast, and never come back."

Stevonnie glares at Amethyst, "I trusted you. Get out of this town. Get out of my life."

"I can ex-" Amethyst begins to plead but Stevonnie's eyes tell all. Connie knows now, Steven has been betrayed, hurt, and otherwise damaged one to many times. She can feel it and be aware of his pain in the fusion, and her desire to help Steven, to teach him to trust, causes the fusion to lose stability, if only for a moment. If only due to the fact Steven's distrust is counteracting Connie's desire to help Steven trust again.

"Rose!" Tourmaline roars as Amethyst and Pearl flee, "same one from the Zoo aren't you? You're a threat to Steven and this planet. I'll shatter you!"

"Well go ahead and try!" Stevonnie retorts, "we won't go down without a fight!"

"I won't let you hurt Steven!" Tourmaline roars, charging which Stevonnie blocks with their shield to no avail, their shield destroyed by the attack and the fusion launched back into the air. Amethyst and Pearl watch from far away, watching as Stevonnie narrowly avoids each strike, blocking the horn with her sword and avoiding each punch Tourmaline throws, struggling to keep up as their arms strain and sweat beats off their forehead, the sweeping motions of the blade just enough go deflect the sharp edge of the horn. Pearl regenerates more quickly, her form distorted and misshapen, one leg much larger than the other, and having only one overgrown arm.

"You need to go," Amethyst demands.

"What about you?" Pearl asks.

"They can't beat Tourmaline!" Amethyst exclaims, "and I can't leave them!"

Pearl sighs, knowing Amethyst is right and knowing she is in no condition to fight. Her form could take weeks to correct.

"Come home safe," Pearl pleads.

"I'll try," Amethyst replies, the two hugging, knowing they may never see the other again. As Pearl flees town, Amethyst goes to assist Stevonnie...

Stevonnie begins to become angered as Tourmaline continues to speak, "you and the Crystal Gems are just the same! You shatter anyone who doesn't agree! You're a bunch of liars and crooks!"

Tourmaline grabs Stevonnie's arm and screams, "your life ends here!"

Something in Stevonnie, or rather Steven, finally snaps. Stevonnie kicks Tourmaline, freeing themself from the fusion's grasp. Stevonnie lunges, no longer showing an ounce of mercy as Amethyst begins to realize Stevonnie doesn't need any help as they slowly push Tourmaline to the edge of the pier.

"You call me the liar!?!" Stevonnie exclaims shattering the horn of Tourmaline's weapon and kicking her back, not letting up for even a moment, "You've lied to Steven about everything! No wonder he doesn't trust you! You're the monster who shatters everyone! You may not be worse than Rose but how are you any better!?!"

"We-" Tourmaline freezes up as this question makes her question everything.

"Say goodbye Tourmaline!" Stevonnie exclaims, cornering the fusion at the edge of the pier and stabbing her, leading her to poof. Amethyst slips away, thankful to be alive...

Stevonnie sits, the duo exhausted as Steven holds the two gems, crying. Thinking about who he just compared them to as he lashed out in anger.

"It's OK," Connie reassures him, "they'll be OK."

"The things I said though-" Steven explains.

"Were said by Stevonnie," Connie sighs, "and I'd be lying if I said I didn't contribute. It's OK. It's all over now..."

Pearl and Amethyst sit in the temple, planning their next move.

"So what now?" Pearl asks.

"I think," Amethyst sighs, "it's time he knows. Come on Pearl, we gotta talk to Greg..."