One Shot: How I Would've Done The Pink Diamond Twist

This twist could've been better with good execution. Here's how I would've done it. I'll explain why after, with my thoughts on the episode and what was wrong with it.

"You don't understand!" Pink Diamond yells, "this is my colony! My choice! I can leave the humans alive if I want to!"

The air in the pink room is tense and charged with energy as Yellow Diamond glares down at Pink, with her cold, uncaring gaze.

"Leave her alone," Blue Diamond pleads, "if she wants to leave Earth alive we should let her. It's her colony."

"She asked for this!" Yellow exclaims, "this selfish, defective, worthless waste of resources asked for a colony! You are to handle the organics or-"

"Or what!?!" Pink Diamond demands, "I'm just as important as you, and I have the right to choose what happens to my colony! I'm a Diamond, just like y-"

The sound that follows echos in the room, which then falls silent, a smack, as Blue gasps, placing her hand over her mouth in shock as Yellow realizes what she's just done, looking at her own hand in self hatred.

Pink pulls her hand back from her left cheek, the blow dealing more harm to her mind than anything else. She begins to cry.

"Pink I-" Yellow pleads.

Pink runs, she runs ceaselessly, through the forests of Earth to her palanquin, away from Yellow, her mind shattered.

Yellow hit her. She hit her! Pink thought Yellow cared. She thought Blue cared, but Yellow hit her! Probably trying to poof or shatter her!

These are the wild and frightened thoughts of a gem in way over her head, for no being should ever be struck by a parental figure, but Pink was. Sometimes that's how things are, but every day, every generation, it happens less than before, but to those who weren't helped by this natrual progression...

Sometimes it doesn't seem that way.

"My Diamond?" Pearl asks as Pearl sits, crying behind the chair of her palanquin.

Pink speaks erratically, not thinking, not able to think, "I can't go back there Pearl! I can't!"

"Pink you have to," Pearl pleads, "you can't be Rose Quartz forever. You have to make sure the Diamonds don't send in reinforcements."

"You don't understand," Pink explains, "I-"

Something clicks, or, snaps, which is unclear, in Pink's mind, "what?'

"You can't be Rose forever," Pearl replies.

"What if I could?" Pink asks, chuckling, which twists into hysterical laughter, "that's just it, I can."

"What?" Pearl asks.

"My Pearl," Pink smiles, "I can be free from Yellow, but you must never tell a soul. I don't want Yellow to hurt me anymore. I wanna say on Earth, forever."

"How do you plan to do that?" Pearl demands.

Pink Diamond grips her sword, "I think I have an idea..."

Yada yada you get where this goes. Why do it like this, because as it stands now it makes no sense for Pink to fake her death. She did so as if it was well thought out, planned intricately, even though her court was very loyal and she could've stood up to Blue and Yellow, and the choice she made only led to suffering for all parties. Maybe we'll get a better explanation, by maybe, I know the Creniverse knows what they're doing, but as of this moment it's not looking good. It comes across as very selfish.

Making it impulsive and made under distress however, makes sense, by having Pink hurt by Yellow, and showing she tried to stand up for Earth as Pink, this choice makes much more sense. She knows Pink can't solve this, and in this story she is essentially having a mental breakdown making her poor choice more relatable.

That's what I went for anyways.

So what does this mean for Momswap?

Hell if I know. I was gonna update this soon but now I dunno what to do next so I'll come back to this later. It's not canceled though.

OK see ya!