The Zoo Part Five: A Pearl's New Home

Blue Pearl lunges at Jasper, who is to shocked by the rebellion of such a low gem to react and counterattack, allowing Blue Pearl stab Jasper in the arm. Jasper recoils in pain, snapping her back to reality as she leaps back.

"Traitorous scum!" Jasper roars, summoning her helmet and attempting to strike at Blue Pearl, who avoids her attacks with grace in her movements, but fear in her eyes.

Stevonnie flees around the corner. "What was that!?!" Stevonnie demands to their half.

"I dunno," Stevonnie admits, "I just thought that if she wanted freedom we can her with us, and besides, we needed someone to distract Jasper."

"How are we gonna get Jasper to not shatter her?" Stevonnie demands, the argument causing them to split.

"They know I'm a gem," the other half explains, "we pretend we're friends with her already and get her to play along."

"And Blue Diamond?"

"That's my problem."

With that, the fusion splits, and the duo rush in to stop the fight.

"Jasper!" Steven exclaims, acting surprised.

"Steven!" Jasper rushes to the duo with a huge hug, slamming Blue Pearl into the wall with a powerful swing and out of the way, "Connie! You're OK!"

"Jas!" Steven replies, "how did-"

"I came for you two!" Jasper exclaims, "come on! We gotta go!"

"What about Pearl?" Steven asks.

"What?" Blue Pearl asks.

Jasper drops Steven and Jasper, confused.

"Play along," Connie whispers to Blue Pearl, "and, don't tell Jasper or Peridot about Steven's gem. No matter what."

"Yeah!" Blue Pearl puts on an act, "my friends here, Stephen and Cannie told me all about Earth! I'm helping them escape!"

"Then why attack me?" Jasper demands, "why listen to a Rose Quartz?"

"Uhhhhh..." Steven freezes up.

"We needed the Rose Quartz to have a false sense of security," Connie expands the web of lies, "so we could shatter her."

"This true?" Jasper demands.

Blue Pearl nods.

"Fine," Jasper glares, "but I have my eye on you."

The four begin to leave as Blue Diamond sends out a message over an intercom, "someone! Anyone! Steven and Connie are missing! Find them! Now! If anyone lets them go, I'll have them shattered!"

"We gotta move!" Jasper exclaims.

The four flee down the hall, attempting to escape...

Holly Blue summons her whip, blocking the entrance to the ship.

"You heard?" Jasper sighs.

"Yes," Holy Blue glares, "this ends now! It's time a quartz like you leaned her place!"

"Place?" Blue Pearl asks, "I've been in my place for to long! I've always hated you Holly! The way you treat the guards disgusts me! We may be lesser gems, but we are Gems!"

"Talkative aren't we?" Jasper comments.

Blue Pearl returns to bring timid, "sorry my quartz. I can be quiet. I'm your pearl now. I will do as told."

"Prove your worth," Jasper demands.

"What?" Steven asks.

"Poof Holly," Jasper demands, "or be left here. Prove you are worthy of the wonderful planet that Earth is."