The Zoo Part Three: Follow Orders

"Blue?" Steven asks, "what's going on?"

"It's so good to see you," Blue smiles, "relax a little. You're safe now."

"Safe from what?" Steven demands, "why did you bring us here?"

"The Cluster," Blue explains, "a mass of broken gems in the center of the Earth."

"That's not a threat!" Steven exclaims, "Peridot and I-"

Steven cuts himself off. Blue Diamond gets up, angered now.

"Explain," she demands, standing, towering over Steven, almost as if to remind Steven while they are friends, she is still a Diamond.

"Peridot knew about the Cluster," Steven explains, "and the two of us secretly bubbled it."

Blue Diamond sighs, sitting down, not necessary mad at Steven, but annoyed by how much trouble this is going to cause between her and Yellow. "Just," she sighs, "keep your mouth shut about it at the Zoo, OK? Make sure Yellow Diamond doesn't find out."

Steven nods in response.

"Zoo?" Connie asks, "what do you mean Zoo?"

"Pink Diamond's Human Zoo," Blue smiles, "you'll both be safe and happy there. Trust me."

The ship comes to a sudden halt, and Steven and Connie see the massive pink space station, looming over them, more like a prison than a station as the ship arrives and Blue Diamond stands with a smile, "welcome, to your new home. Pearl!"

Blue Pearl enters. "Yes my Diamond?"

"Show them to the Zoo," Blue Diamond demands, with her voice now returned from the softness she uses with Steven and Connie, to the true, powerful conviction of a Diamond, "and do be kind go them. If any harm is to befall these two, you will be shattered."

Blue Pearl sweats nervously and nods, leading the two down the halls.

"Welcome back my lustrous Diamond!" Holly Blue exclaims as Blue Diamond and her Pearl exit the ship.

"I am going to the room," Blue Diamond explains, "treat these humans kindly, and no one speaks a word of this to Yellow or White, or else."

Blue Diamond leaves.

"These the ones?" Holly asks.

"Yeah I think so," Aquamarine exits the ship, following the others, "they're the ones that she's been talking to, right?"

Blue Pearl nods, "around the same time, every day, she'll hear voices and demand I leave the room. Sometimes she will, sometimes not, but now we know why."

"Should we report this to Yellow?" Aquamarine asks.

"Go against Blue?!?"" Holly demands, "are you mad!?! Are you cracking up? I'm already on thin ice since the Crystal Gems escaped!"

"THE Crystal Gems?" Steven asks, "I've met them on Earth. Been a thorn in our side since they arrived. Thanks for that."

"Show some respect you-" Holly summons her whip, but is cut off by Blue Pearl stepping in the way.

"You harm them and you're shattered," she reminds.

"Fine," Holly growls, "the quartz would be to rough. Can you escort them?"

Blue Pearl nods. Aquamarine uses her wand to pick up Steven and Connie, leaving them unable to move, and takes them deeper into the facility...

Meanwhile...

Jasper's ship flies at maximum speed towards the Human Zoo, as she begins to come up with a plan. She knows Yellow Diamond won't be present, but Blue will. She knows that Blue did this without telling Yellow, but most importantly of all, she knows that if Yellow finds out...

She will be shattered.

Steven and Connie enter the Zoo. "Ah," a human from the Zoo greets, "if it isn't new arrivals. Welcome!"

Steven ignores the man and asks, "Connie you OK?"

"I'm fine," Connie nods, "so, this is Pink Diamond's Human Zoo? Wasn't Pink shattered?"

Steven nods. "I think Blue is in charge of it," he explains, "she's really torn up about Pink, at least she seems to be."

"We gotta get out of here," Connie replies, "I have tests to study for."

"Don't worry," Steven reassures her, "I'll work something out. For now, we just play along, and keep an eye out for an exit..."

As the duo play along, meeting the others in the Zoo, Blue Pearl and Aquamarine discuss this turn of events just outside of the room where Blue is.

"I truly don't understand this," Blue Pearl sighs, "how did those two even speak to Blue?"

Aquamarine shrugs, "hey, it doesn't matter. We follow orders, no matter what."

"Yes yes," Blue Pearl replies, "one must follow orders, or be shattered, but sometimes I look at the humans and think about how nice it must be. Having all the time in the world."

"Best remove those thoughts from your head," Aquamarine warns, "less you wanna get reported."

Blue Pearl falls silent.

A voice speaks over a sound system, "unauthorized arrival in bay B."

"I'll handle that," Aquamarine explains, "you try to think about what you've said."

Aquamarine leaves. Blue Pearl thinks. Earth, the humans, they don't follow orders, and that human was friends with other gems...

"Must I truly follow orders?" Blue Pearl mumbles to herself...