Taken

261 days until final report.

"Many years ago," Jasper explains, "Rose Quartz started a war. She led a rebellion, and countless gems were shattered because of her. She killed countless, her own kind, for a selfish, abstract goal. She shattered Pink Diamond, and the empire fell into disarray. Because of Rose, many gems lost everything. Rose is evil, deceitful, and nothing more than a murderer.  We came to Earth searching for her. If you know anything about Rose, you have to tell me."

Steven can tell Jasper isn't telling the whole truth. She's hiding something, but what is it? Steven decides not to press his luck, and move on from the subject.

"I don't know anything," Steven replies, "just what you've told me."

"Ah well," Jasper sighs, "don't worry about it. We'll find her, and shatter her just like she shattered Pink Diamond. Come on Steven, let's go home."

The two begin to walk back to the warp. As they walk, Jasper thinks back to the day she met Steven. The day they took Steven from Greg...

Ten years ago...

Jasper and Lapis arrive on Earth.

"So," Jasper asks Lapis, "where are these humans I've heard so much about?"

"They tend to stick in towns," Lapis explains, "the kid called Steven Universe is in a town called Beach City. Ever since the Crystal Gems were taken to home world, he's been hiding with his father."

"Great," Jasper smiles, "then we go and beat him into the ground!"

"We don't know this is Rose," Peridot explains, "let's just stick with the plan."

"Who asked you Peridot?" Jasper asks.

Peridot goes silent.

"That's what I thought," Jasper replies, "now, we need to retrieve Steven. Chances are his father will get in the way. So I purpose we kill him."

"Hold on now," Lapis interjects, "people liked the Crystal Gems kinda. What we need to do is be like them, protect the humans. We need to think long term, I have an idea. Let me get Steven, I'll be quick, and then we can head to another town where Steven's father won't find us."

"Bring Rose here," Jasper demands, "but if that gem glows, shatter it."

"Understood," Lapis replies.

Lapis leaves to kidnap Steven, arriving at Beach City in the dead of night.

Meanwhile, Steven sleeps in the front seat of Greg's van, while Greg sleeps in the back. Lapis enters Beach City, sneaking in the darkness. She sees Steven in Greg's van, and shatters the window.

Steven sleeps trough it, but Greg stirs for a moment.

He mumbles something about Rose and falls back asleep. Lapis sighs with relief and begins to sneak away. However, she steps on a switch left next to the entrance of the car wash, turning the car wash on. The noise immediately wakes Greg up.

"Hey!" Greg yells, "stop!"

Lapis bends water from the carwash and blasts Greg away. She then flees into the night, moving back to where Jasper and Peridot are.

Lapis holds Steven in her arms, gently, but with a stern grip so he doesn't fall. Steven clings to Lapis in his sleep, gently holding her dress with his small hands.

Lapis smiles at how adorable Steven is. "Don't worry kid," she whispers, "I don't care if you have anything to do with Rose or not, I'll protect you."

Steven smiles in his sleep as Lapis returns.  Jasper immediately notices Steven's gem.

"Well," she summons her helmet, "that's Rose all right."

"Wait," Lapis puts her hand out, "we don't know that for certian. Listen, our mission is information, not murder."

"What are you playing at?" Jasper demands.

"The Crystal Gems were raising Steven," Lapis explains, "so we replace them. We raise Steven until we can figure out what he is."

"Fine," Jasper sighs, "but where do we go?"

"There's the town I landed in," Peridot replies, "Ocean Town. They're having issues with a corrupted gem. We offer to shatter it in exchange for a place to stay and anything Steven needs."

"Fine," Jasper sighs, "but I get to shatter it, and no matter what happens, DO NOT GET ATTACHED! Now let's move!"

The four head to Ocean Town, and the rest is history. Jasper stops reminiscing. She can't abandon her mission, no matter what...