We Are the Crystal Gems

Jasper summons her helmet and lunges at Garnet. Amethyst tries to strike Peridot with her whip, and Pearl leaps at Lapis.

Lapis chuckles and bends the water, knocking Pearl out of the way with ease. Amethyst though, has better luck. She wraps Peridot in her whip and throws her, slamming her into the sand, poofing her instantly. Her limb enhancers fall to the ground with a metal clang.

Meanwhile, Steven is having a nightmare. In it, Peridot is poofed by a short purple gem...

Amethyst then curls up into a ball and dashes at Lapis. Lapis narrowly avoids the strike, spotting it just out of the corner of her eye. Sand flies into the air, blinding amethyst. Lapis takes the opportunity to strike Amethyst with a torrent of water, poofing her.

Lapis then turns to assist Jasper, who is countering Garnet blow for blow. The two block the other's strikes each viewing the other as a villain. However, Jasper is so distracted by Garnet, she isn't prepared when Pearl stabs her in the back.

Steven stirs in his sleep as he sees an unfamiliar tall gem stab Jasper in the back, poofing her.

Lapis strikes at Garnet with a torrent of intense water, poofing her. Pearl lunges at Lapis, glaring. Lapis is to slow to avoid the strike. She manages to say one more thing before she poofs.

"I'm sorry Steven..." she sighs, "I couldn't save you from Yellow..."

Lapis poofs before she can finish. Steven bolts awake. That was no dream. He has to stop that gem! She may shatter Lapis, Jasper, and Peridot! Steven gets on the warp and heads to Ocean Town, prepared to fight. He's not gonna let these odd gems, whoever they are, hurt his friends. He summons his shield and exits the house, only to see Pearl holding Jasper's gem.

"You!" He exclaims.

Pearl turns around, smiling. "Hello Steven," she speaks kindly to him, but it doesn't change the angry scowl on Steven's face, "it's been quite some time..."