The Zoo Part Two: The Diamond's Arrival

46 days until final report.

0 days until Blue Diamond's arrival.

Blue Diamond arrives today.

Steven wakes up to Jasper busting into his room in a panic. "Steven!" she exclaims, "let's go! Wake up!"

"What?" Steven asks, still half asleep, "Jasper? What's wrong?"

"You have to go!" Jasper exclaims, "right now!"

"What is going on?" Steven asks.

Jasper only sighs in an annoyed fashion and jerks Steven out of bed, fleeing the house out the back door.

"What is going on!?!" Steven demands.

"They got her," Jasper gasps for breath as she sprints away from the sounds of intense water and technological weaponry made by Peridot back at the house, "and they're coming for you too."

"Who?" Steven demands, wrestling free from Jasper's  grip, "what's going on?"

"It all started three hours ago," Jasper sighs...

Three hours ago...

Jasper and Lapis walk down the boardwalk, discussing the their mission's upcoming end.

"So we're going back to Homeworld soon," Lapis sighs.

"Ugh don't remind me," Jasper sighs, "what are we gonna do about Steven? What do we say in our final report?"

"Well if we prove he's Rose he dies," Lapis replies, "if we don't he dies, and I'm not exactly sure how we can disprove it."

"I know," Jasper sighs, "maybe... we..."

Jasper stops.

"We what?" Lapis inquires, wondering now if Jasper is considering betraying Yellow.

"No no," Jasper sighs, "we can't do that."

"Do what?" Lapis asks.

"I'm in charge of the mission," Jasper reminds, "just follow orders when the day comes OK?"

Lapis, confused, nods in understanding.

"Where's that Connie girl?" Jasper asks, "she's really nice to Steven."

"She growing on you?" Lapis asks.

"That's not your business," Jasper retorts.

"Hey guys!" Connie exclaims, approaching the two gems, "how you been?"

"We've been good," Lapis smiles, "you?"

"Pretty good," Connie smiles, "just came down for an early morning stroll. Steven not up yet?"

"He's had trouble sleeping," Jasper replies, "so we're letting him sleep in. He won't tell us why. He isn't... hiding anything, right?"

Connie shakes her head and lies, "no. He's fine. I'm sure he- oh my God!"

The sky is bathed on a blue light. A massive blue hand points down at Ocean Town.

"Blue Diamond..." Jasper muttered, "Connie, go home. Right now."

"What about Steven?" Connie demanded, remembering Steven mentioning Blue Diamond.

"We'll protect him," Lapis replied, "you-"

A blue energy surrounded Lapis and a small blue gem flew down.

"You must be Connie!" The Aqumarine with a gem under her eye smilds, "well then, let's make this quick."

The small blue gem tossed Lapis away and tooj Connie.

"Help!" Connie cried.

"I'm sorry," Jasper turned away, "but I have to protect Steven..."

Jasper fled, going to evacuate Steven as Lapis and Peridot fought Aquamarine in an attempt to save Connie.

"A small blue gem," Jasper explains, "she took Connie, and she's coming for you."

"We can't leave Connie!" Steven argues, "we gotta go back!"

"No!" Jasper exclaims, "you listen to me! If you go to Homeworld, you will be killed! I won't let them kill you Steven! My mission is Rose! Not you! We have to go! Now! Before-"

"Wow!" A voice laughs, "Yellow was really scraping bottom of the barrel here huh?"

Aquamarine approaches with a smug grin.

"Come on then," she chuckles, "or is the Hero of Homeworld going to go against a diamond?"

"I obey Yellow Diamond," Jasper glares, "her orders take priority."

"Oh how quaint," Aquamarine chuckles, "if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're emotionally attached to this... thing. Let's make this quick."

Steven notices three things in this discussion.

1: He's related to Yellow Diamond's orders.

2: Aquamarine is working for a diamond.

3: Jasper is some kind of hero on Homeworld, so her mission her must be important.

Jasper summons her helmet and leaps at Aquamarine, who gracefully dodges with her wings and a smug smirk. She flies low, allowing Jasper to strike with fists and her weapon, which she avoids with ease, as if toying with the goliath of a gem.

"It was fun," Aquamarine chuckles taking her wand, "but I truly must be going. Goodbye."

With that, she takes Steven, and flies away.

"Steven!" Jasper exclaims, but it's to late. Steven's gone...

...

Jasper returns to Ocean Town in a panicked frenzy.

"Get the ship!" She exclaims, "we're leaving right now!"

There's no reply as she barges into the house. It's only then, looking off the balcony, she sees a blue and green gemstone side by side in the sand.

"Useless," she mutters to herself, "if you want it done right..."

She gets in the ruby ship from when she arrived, and, alone, goes to save Steven...

Steven struggles against the energy beam. "Let me go you smug, fairy, gem, thing!"

"Thing?" Aquamarine chuckles, "If either of us is a 'thing' it's you. If I had my say, you'd be dead where you now stand, but, I follow orders. That's what it takes to be the best."

"Orders?" Steven asks.

"Here we are!" Aquamarine enters the ship with Steven and frees him in front of Blue Diamond.

"Steven!" Connie exclaims, rushing to him and hugging him.

"Oh my God Connie!" Steven exclaims, "are you OK?"

"Are you OK?" Connie asks.

Steven nods, and Connie nods in response.

"Welcome Steven," Blue Diamond lowers her hood and smiles in a way that one could still see her depression,  but it's also clear she is sincerely happy in this moment, "how wonderful it is to meet in the flesh as you humans say..."