The Academy

Sakura's POV

~January~

The weather was still pretty chilly during this month. The first week I spent in the warm comfort of my home. Naruto had come over due to problems with his apartment room being way to cold. I had found out he had problems with the weather when I had went to visit him. I had been in the bakery with Madoka and she had given me pastries. I had immediately wanted to share all the treats with Naruto, who absolutely loved them. I had begun my trek through the village with the roaring winds rustling all my clothes and hair. I was pretty sure that once I stepped into the building, my hair would be sticking up in random directions.

When I had finally arrived, I immediately noticed the different change in temperature. Shivering off the last chills, I made my way up the stairs and towards Naruto's room.

My surprise visit was certainly a surprise for him; but I wouldn't have expected myself to be surprised. Naruto had opened the door and I noticed him decked out with possibly all the covers he owned. Along with layers of warm clothes.

The instant he opened the door, cold air literally rushed passed me. The hallway had been warmer than the room he was inside.

Forgetting all about the sweets, I had asked him to pack his clothes and follow me back home. He had protested at first, just like he usually did whenever I said or did anything he considered not being worthy of. His protests were all so silly. I would never in any situation, world, whatever, leave a child with nothing when I could provide them with something.

Leaving the cold apartment room, we stepped out into the equally cold streets. The walk back to my house had been a bit quiet due to Naruto's shyness. It was a wonder to me when he would grow out of that. Usually he wasn't shy, but when he was given something, be it materialistic or other things such as praise.

When we arrived at my house, we instantly felt the warm air surround us. Madoka was still working and so it would take a while before she arrived. Kioshi would also not be here right now. He had patrol duty, so he wouldn't be back till dinner.

Since Naruto still looked like he was getting over the cold and shock, I walked into the kitchen and made some hot chocolate.

The look on his face was so childishly cute when he saw me bring in a cover and two mugs of chocolate. I handed him one of the mugs while I placed mine on the table in front of the long sofa. Ever since the first time he's come over, I knew he really liked watching TV.

I handed the remote over to him, giving him the freedom to choose whatever he wanted. As he grinned widely I covered him with one side of the long cover I had draped on my arm. Taking my own chocolate filled mug off the table, I sat on the sofa and covered myself with the other end of the cover.

We spent a lot of time that week just relaxing. The second and third week weren't much better either. The cold air was still going strong so Naruto came over whenever it got too cold. When Madoka and Kioshi had found out the reason for Naruto's frequent sleepover, they bought him a heater. Like always he refused but after Madoka talked him into accepting it, he took it gratefully.

Other than spending time with Naruto, I did practice on my fighting style. The Water style was almost finished. Since it had been easy for me to pick up. With its fluid movements, this was a style fit for evasion and helped me with my reflexes.