Suspicion and Ninja Games

Sakura's POV

I looked on in silence as he watched me with an observant gaze, waiting expectantly for me to agree with his request.

"I'm sorry...but I don't know how to play Shogi." I answered truthfully.

"Oh? Is that so?" He said with a raised brow. I nodded and waited for him to speak patiently if not a bit nervous. It was true though, I've never played Shogi.

"Well that can't be, you have such great skills in Go. Now imagine what you could be like in Shogi." He said with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"If you're interested, I wouldn't mind showing you the basics." He suggested with a lazy shrug. I raised an eyebrow in curiosity but for a different reason. I wanted to know why he wanted to teach me.

"I wouldn't mind, and if you're sure it won't be a bother..." I answered. He smiled and nodded.

"It's no problem." He reassured with a dismissive wave. I still had yet to figure out why he wanted to teach me, but I guess I could figure it out later.

"Alright then, whenever you have time is fine with me." I stated in which he nodded. Ino who was beside me groaned irritably.

"No! Not you too! He's already brainwashed Shikamaru!" Ino stated with a frown marring her pretty features.

"Why not Ino-chan? The games are fun and I'm sure Shikamaru-san likes them too." I told her. She pouted, knowing she could do nothing to change my mind.

"But they're old man games..." She whispered. I smiled as I looked at the men's faces around us.

"Ino-chan are you calling us old?" Shikaku asked with amusement.

"Well...no, but..." She didn't finish her sentence, but she really didn't have to. They were only teasing her and it was amusing to watch. Soon they started laughing at Ino's discomfort in answering the question. I tried to alleviate some of her embarrassment by changing the subject. I poked her on the side, making her flinch from the ticklish feeling.

"Let's go take these over to your mother." I said to Ino, who nodded readily.

"Alright, let's go." Said Ino as she began to walk in her mother's direction. I breathed out a sigh of relief as we walked away. Their presence was just too much to handle.

"Wait Sakura-chan! I'll go with you!" Exclaimed Shisui as he made his way over to us. He was followed by Mikoto, leaving the others to talk with the men. We arrived in front of the other women.

"Oh Sakura-chan you made it!" Exclaimed Takara as she stood and walked closer to us. I bowed and greeted her and then lifted up the scroll in my hand.

"Oh! Is that another scroll from Madoka-chan?" Takara asked with excitement. I nodded and looked over to Ino. She also lifted up her scroll.

"She knew there would be a lot of people, but she didn't know exactly how many, so she just made a lot." I informed her. She waved her hand in a gesture meaning not to worry.

"Oh, don't you worry Sakura-chan. These will be some of the first things gone. The kids will skip the food and go straight for these." She said down to me with a grin. I smiled and nodded in agreement.