Apprenticeship

Sakura's POV

I gulped inaudible and just stared at the unreadable eyes of Hiruzen. I unintentionally moved closer to Hizashi feeling a bit safer with him at the moment.

"Uhm, will you be taking the Kumo-nin?" I asked quietly and then looked over to the one tied in ninja wires. My eyes widened when I saw two ANBU working on cutting him loose. I turned behind me when I felt the other Hyuga's chakra appear. He was empty handed and I saw two other ANBU holding onto the first ninja I injured.

"Did he order all the ANBU to come?" Inner asked incredulously. Turing back I saw two ninja that had flanked the Hokage come and pick up the one in front of me.

I winced when he groaned in pain, finally allowing a small grimace to pass my features. I'm sure if he wasn't in that much of pain, he would be cussing me out and trying to finish killing me off.

"Well it seems like their taking care of that. But what the heck are the other two ANBU here for?!" Inner screamed.

'I'm not sure. It could be for many reasons. Right now we need to worry more about Hiruzen.' I answered her, as I glanced over to the Hokage. He held the stare with his own for only a few seconds before turning and beginning to walk back from where he came from. Before I could say anything the two ANBU's from before flanked me now.

"Oh my god! He won't let us escape!" Inner frantically shouted as she gripped her head.

'Calm down, right now it would be best if you helped me think of a good excuse to use.' I thought as I walked behind the Hokage. The atmosphere was pretty intense, not even Hizashi spoke out when I left.

As I ran after him, I glanced up to try and read his expression. No luck there, all I got was an emotionless face looking straight ahead. The walk to the hospital was very nerve wrecking. We exchanged no words and I had been thinking how similar he was to my real mother.

Normal POV

'They really are very similar...' Sakura thought sadly as she kept her gaze down casted.

"Who are similar?" Inner asked intrigued at the sudden change in mood.

'The Hokage and my real mother. They both know how to make me feel guilty when I've done something wrong.' Sakura answered as she continued to walk silently.

'I always hated this feeling. Now I have to come up with an excuse that he will believe.' Sakura thought as she looked up to the bright lights ahead of her. The hospital was in sight and when they entered Sakura noticed how quiet it was.

They were quickly attended to due to the Hokage's presence. They stopped in front of a door and Sakura was led inside by a nurse. The Hokage and ANBU stayed behind to talk to the doctor.

After a few minutes of waiting, the doctor entered the room where Sakura was in. She handed her a piece of paper and pencil instructing her to write a letter to her parents. The doctor informed her that the Hokage stated it would be best if she told them she was staying with the Hyuga's.

'I guess that did make sense.' Sakura thought as she grabbed the utensils.

"Do you think we're really sleeping over?" Inner asked curiously.