Convenient Trip

Sakura's POV

I walked inside the house after practice but instead of going to my room I continued down the hall. I stood in front of the door that would lead me inside my parent's room. I needed to find out whether that dream or vision or whatever it was meant something. I opened the door and stepped inside. Everything was the same as the last time I had come in.

I walked over to the shelves containing pictures. I scanned through them looking for anything familiar. I kept looking as my anxiety grew, that's when I saw it. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Outer..."

"I know..." I said, re-opening my eyes and stared at the picture in front of me.

There was a woman with short blonde hair sitting on a white hospital bed, she looked slightly pale; but she glowed within her clear beautiful eyes. She was in a colorless room with nothing but the numerous flowers surrounding her to display color and the small bundle in her arms. A man stood over them, expressing so much happiness that I thought he was going to burst any moment.

"This is...when we were born..." Inner quietly spoke.

"I figured. But why did we see it? I'm getting the impression that the first image we had, was ours too." Inner nodded in agreement.

"But why are we seeing them?" I asked out loud, more to myself.

"It could be because you aren't technically 'Sakura' so you're getting her memories..." I shook my head and walked out of the room.

"I guess that could be it..." I relented, but still, something seemed off.

Today felt odd, but I haven't figured out why. It wasn't only because of these memories, there was something else.

It was almost time for Madoka to return, Marianne had already come and gone so now I went over to the living room to wait for her. I sat on the window sofa and looked out of it. There were kids playing outside, they looked to be about eight years old. Most likely civilians, if not they would probably be at the Academy around this time.

"Inner, do you think there's something strange about today?"

"No, not really." I frowned it couldn't just be nothing, there was this feeling that something new was going to happen. Madoka came in, and I noticed that she was earlier than usual.

"Hello Sakura! You didn't take a shower today?" I looked down and noticed she was right.

"I forgot...mommy, you came in early today!" She smiled down at me.

"That's right! Today if everything goes well, daddy will give us some good news!" Good news? Maybe that was what I was waiting for. That feeling from before came back so I hoped it really would be good news.

"Good news?" I asked while tilting my head childishly.

"I can't tell you Sakura, it will ruin the surprise!" Now my curiosity was gained.

"Not fair mommy!" I said childishly. Madoka just giggled and picked me up.

"Well it's a good thing daddy's going to be here earlier than usual."