Again

Sakura's POV

I looked into the eyes of the insecure boy in front of me. We had moved away from the tree trunk and over the park's open field.

"Ne, Naruto-san, do you mind if I return your jacket later? After I get it cleaned up." He shook his head rapidly.

"No! That's okay! I don't mind if it's dirty!" I frowned at his generous nature.

"No Naruto-san! I made it dirty now I have to clean it and you can't stop me." His eyes widened at my retaliation. The poor boy really has never been treated properly. I suppose the Hokage has always been with him, but Naruto sees him as his grandfather figure. He needs some friends in his life.

"O-Okay..." His hands fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"Ne Naruto-san, come here tomorrow and I'll return your jacket." He looked surprised that I wanted to meet him again. And a tiny flicker of hope slipped across his facial features. He nodded his head slowly and before it could become awkward for him, I decided to part ways.

"Make sure to come tomorrow in the morning, ok." He nodded at my instructions and we went our separate ways for today.

I arrived home all wet and cold. The jacket and Sora provided enough heat to keep me from shaking but I was almost positive that if either Madoka or Kioshi saw me, they would ask questions. So I was attempting to use all the training I have learned to not get caught. I made it half way up the stairs only to be stopped by Madoka.

"Sakura? Why are you all wet?" I winced quietly and turned around to face her.

"I was playing in the park with Sora and slipped and fell in the stream." I had to change river to stream or she would most likely not allow me to be by myself anymore.

"Oh Sakura. Come on, let's get you cleaned." She said, and surprisingly she wasn't upset.

~After shower~

The rest of the day went by fast. Once out of the shower we all ate together. After dinner, Madoka started teaching me about the basics taught at the academy. Not only was the first years at the academy about ninjas but they also taught the children in academics.

Since I had already finished the etiquette lessons, Madoka said she would just teach me other basic knowledge. After an hour and a half of studying, it was around bed time, but I made sure Naruto's jacket was cleaned and ready to be returned. I made sure to tell them about Naruto's kind help, leaving out his name for the time being. They seemed happy about me making a friend and liked that he had helped me, though they didn't know all the details. I was still happy they were thinking positively about him.

Now I was in bed and although I was tired from all the training, I just couldn't sleep.

"Do you think he'll come tomorrow?" Inner asked with hope in her voice.

'I'm sure he will. He probably still doesn't believe he can become friends with us, but hopefully he begins to trust us a bit more.' It became quiet as I thought of everything that's happened and will happen.

'Inner for now, let's try and make friends. We will talk about Naruto to our parents, so they can listen to us about the real Naruto. We have two and a half more months until our fourth birthday. We will introduce him to them on that day, surely we will have soften their hearts by then.'