Revelations and Goals

Sakura's POV

I arrived at the top of the stairs and saw them sitting side by side in the long sofa. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, until I saw who was with them. It was our neighbor, Marianne. She came accompanied by a man I had yet to meet.

'Inner, who is that?' I don't ever remember seeing him, then again neither did I see Marianne.

"It's her husband, I don't really remember his name, sorry." She informed me, hectically trying to find some information of him within our mind.

'No, that's enough information. I can't expect you to have every piece of information so readily in hand. Besides, this is actually a good thing.' I said, smiling as I inspected the man from my spot on the second story.

"How?" Inner asked, stopping her pursuit of the man's name.

'It gives us a chance to show our extreme shyness, and our unwillingness to interact with people we feel uncomfortable around.' I voiced and she simply frowned.

"I thought we we're going to change that."

'We are, but later when we want them to really think of us as a prodigy. No use in rushing everything.' She smiled brightly as she understood my reasoning. I slowly made my way down the stairs and towards them.

"I get it! If we act all shy and show we aren't comfortable with people they will pick up on it and not pressure us. That could work but what if it doesn't? What then?"

'We have to make it work. So for now, we're just going to keep everything average except for when we practice alone with them.' Inner nodded at my response.

Finally making it down the stairs, I walked over towards them, shyly hiding behind Kioshi. He was the first to verbally announce my presence.

"Sakura you're already finished? Come on, don't hide we have guests." I bowed a little as I smiled shyly up at Marianne, using my bangs to make me look at her shyly. The hairs tickled the corners of my eyes and I had a hard time trying not to show how aware of it I was.

"Good afternoon Mari-san..." She smiled at me along with the others.

"Oh how cute, she's shy! Sakura this is my husband Yashiro; you don't have to be shy around him." I just hid even more, but nodded at her suggestion.

"…. Good afternoon Yashiro-san..." I bowed my head and spoke softly. Trying to make believe my shyness with my stuttering words.

"Madoka, I'm surprised she speaks and acts so well." Commented Yashiro, with a curious glance at me. He's seems pretty observant so Inner and I will have to be on the lookout for him.

"Yes, I have been giving her lessons, but just the basics so far." Marianne and Yashiro nodded at her with an easy expression. Perhaps it wasn't too unbelievable to think I was this well-mannered.

Kioshi took the time to stand up from his spot on the sofa as they continued to talk. I looked up at him with an eyebrow raised in question.

"Sakura and I will just excuse ourselves from your work conversation and head outside." Kioshi suddenly said, and I titled my head in thought.