It Has Begun

Sakura's POV

"You're not planning on...you know, killing her are you?" Inner asked in doubt, with a bit of worry.

'No. Why would you think that?' I asked with a raised eyebrow as I walked through the streets.

"Well, you were so serious, but I doubted you could anyway. You're too nice." Inner stated with a frown.

'But I'm a ninja. I know I'll have to kill one day, but I'll make sure it's for a good reason, though I'd rather not kill any one.' I said and stopped at a fruit stand when she stopped to look at some jewelry.

"...Of course..." Inner said with a roll of her eyes but before I could question her, the woman moved her hand to pick up an accessory.

"What is that woman doing outside anyways?" Inner asked curiously. I narrowed my eyes at the woman and observed her carefully. I made sure to make small talk with the vendor as I looked around. No need for people to be suspicious of me, though lots of tourist should be coming in, what with the exams.

'To civilian's she just looks like a possible tourist from some other country. They don't know she's from Otogakure. Taking the opportunity that foreigners were coming in, they must be blending in with the crowd and laying low until they started their plan. Getting general information about Konoha's layout is important for them.' I said as I watched how she scrutinized a small hairpin that looked like a flute from my distance.

"Hmm, so what's the plan?" Inner asked as she crossed her arms.

'Make contact with her and figure out all we can. From her attitude, to where their staying, anything and everything.' I said as I moved away from the food stand when she went into a weapon's store. I stayed outside and looked through the jewelry she once was looking at.

"Anything I can help you with sir?! A gift for your girlfriend perhaps?!" The vendor excitedly exclaimed. I smiled at him briefly before looking down at his merchandize. I had almost forgotten that I had transformed into a guy.

"Not exactly...but I will take this." I said and picked up the flute hairpin the woman had looked at fondly.

"Ohhh! Great choice!" The vendor said and I quickly paid for the accessory when she had come out of the store.

"Why did you buy that?" Inner asked in confusion. I made sure I walking close behind the woman before answering.

'You'll see.' I said with a smile. Since I was acting as a guy, might as well use it as an advantage.

The streets were getting crowded and I could only casually keep up with her because of her unusual hair color and her chakra. She rounded a corner and I quickened my pace so I could catch up.

'It's now or never.' I thought as I sensed her stop. If she was any good of a Kunoichi, she should have known I was following her...but only because I wanted her too. I had only let a small stream of chakra be sensed through my body as any other civilian's would.

I rounded the corner and bumped right into her. I grunted out in surprise so she wouldn't suspect and stumbled a bit to finish up the act.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-" I began but was cut off when a kunai was pointed at me.

"Who are you?! Who sent you to follow me?!" She hissed out angrily. I lifted up my hands in a surrendering manner.