The Real Sakura

Sakura's POV

My sight was greeted by a ridiculous amount of white. There was white on everything around me. Because of my medic-nin basic training, I knew I was in the hospital. I groaned when I tried to move my hand and I felt a shock of pain travel through it. My whole body felt bruised and battered.

'That's right...this is all Zabuza's doing.' I thought as I recalled what happened yesterday.

"Good, you're up." I turned and found Reiko with a clipboard in hand and scrutinizing me. I sat up with a struggle and looked up at her again.

"Is Naruto okay?" I asked and watched her set down the clipboard with a laugh.

"That's the first thing I imagined you would ask. Naruto is fine, and sleeping in the room beside yours. He suffered a concussion and some other injures that have already been taken care of." Reiko informed as she sat on a chair beside the bed.

I nodded and looked down at my hands on my lap.

"Will we be okay to leave soon?" I asked and watched her send me a sympathetic smile.

"You Genin work too hard...but yes, you will be able to leave in a few hours. Naruto, however, has to stay for the day." Reiko stated and stood up to retrieve her clip board.

Normal POV

"Alright." Sakura said and laid back down to rest until she was released. Reiko looked at Sakura for a good few seconds before turning towards the doors.

"I'll come back to give you your final check-up and then you can go." Reiko said and left the room with a wave goodbye.

~*oOo*~

"Good morning Reiko-san! Will you still be taking your day off today and tomorrow?" A nurse asked. Reiko smiled and nodded.

"That's right. I merely came to check up on some patients by Lord Hokage's request. I will be leaving after his apprentice is released from the hospital. Yuki will then watch over Naruto." Reiko explained and received a nod from the nurse.

"Then I hope you have a good rest. You deserve it from all the work you put in the hospital!" The nurse stated as she looked at the older women with respect.

"Thank you, and I will." She said and both continued on with their current duties.

Reiko walked the halls of the hospital and passed by many nurses who offered their greetings. She returned them casually, but had her mind occupied with other thoughts.

'She's progressing too quickly...If she keeps this up, he will start to get interested.' Reiko thought with a deep frown as she entered her office.

~*oOo*~

'I could of sworn that I would feel a lot worse when I woke up.' Sakura thought as she looked out the open window.

"That's because I was slowly healing up your wounds...Of course, you could have done a much faster job at it, but I'm glad I could help." Inner stated with a happy smile. Sakura smiled gratefully and stretched out her sore limbs.

'Thanks, you did a great job...but I though our chakra had been depleted?' Sakura thought as she tilted her head.

"I though so too. I tested out our chakra in our reserves before I would use the chakra in the weights; and I found it to be a good amount." Inner stated. Sakura nodded and concentrated on her chakra. It was small and hardly re-charged.