Unexpected Sleepover

Sakura's POV

Walking towards the tables with food on them, I began to formalize a quick but effective trap. It couldn't be hurtful but it had to serve it's purpose. I stopped a few feet away from the house and looked around. Choji, who was no doubt hiding somewhere near his mother would try to run...they all did. That was the point of the game after all. Choji was a timid kid so when I find him he would probably hesitate for a few seconds before running away. He would also take to running on the hallway instead of jumping off the hallways, most likely thinking I couldn't run in the yard with my sandals.

Deciding that my plan of action was as simple and safe as it could get, I walked over to the stairs and turned right, passing the doors. I took the end of the leash where it tied together to make the collar on a post. The end of the leash was placed in between the shoji doors on the other side of the hallway. I then walked back, heading towards the room. I made sure to look as if I was trying to find him when I walked in, even though I knew he was under the table. After three minutes of searching, I leaned down and moved the tablecloth.

"Ah, I found you Choji-san." I said with childlike surprise. His eyes widened and he backed away from the edge. I kneeled down and reached inside with my right hand, trying to grab him. Choji had backed away as far as he could and then got out by the side. As expected he hesitated but then when he saw me getting up, he ran. Most likely towards Inoichi who was made the safety zone. I jumped to the right towards the mothers who were watching us play. I was purposefully making him have to go left so he could get trapped. He quickly took the chance, not once questioning my actions. He looked behind his shoulder once, to see if I was following, which was a big mistake. He ran right into the leash that was placed perpendicular to his body. Because the side of the leash that was held by the doors was held loosely, he fell forward onto the floor. There was both good and bad things that had occurred. The bad thing was, he had fallen. The good things were that the trap had not broken anything and because Choji wasn't running so fast, the fall wasn't so bad. I walked up to him and bent down to be closer to the shocked boy on the floor. I poked him on the shoulder, snapping him out of his shock.

"Your out Choji-san." I informed the boy who nodded and sat up. I smiled apologetically and stood, making my way towards the tied up leash. Once I had gotten the leash, I walked down to the yard. Passing the adults as calmly as I could, I looked at Shisui who had a surprised expression on his face. I lifted one finger up, signifying the number one.

"I've got one. Seven more to go." I informed cheerfully as I turned and made my way towards the center of the yard. I looked around making sure I looked like a little kid playing normally...not that it normally would be easy for me. I sucked at seeking people out without chakra. I could do it when I concentrated and observed carefully but I couldn't just act like that with just anyone around.

I looked around and chuckled at the hiding spots some of them had chosen, and the others...well I had a good idea for where they would choose. As I looked around, I noticed the big mistakes they made as children. From the rustling of leaves to the whispering they thought wouldn't be heard. Even Shino, without it being his intention, had some visible clues for me to go by. I saw a pretty blue butterfly flutter past me and head towards the pond. Without thinking to much on it, I followed it with my eyes. The butterfly flew towards a log and went inside. I raised an eyebrow in wonder when it did not come out on either side of the log after a few seconds. Deciding that it was probably Shino...or a spider web that was inside, I decided to look at it last, due to its location.

Hinata was my next target. The poor girl squeaked softly and fidgeted every time I went past her bush as I walked around the yard, acting as if I was searching. As I started moving from bush to bush, I was approaching Hinata very quickly and the funny thing was, I didn't even get to her bush and she had already stood from her crouch. I had been momentarily stunned by her silliness. She wasn't supposed to reveal herself...but then again this was Hinata. She was probably overwhelmed and decided to try her luck in outrunning me; and as if having the same train of thought she picked her kimono up and ran. Deciding to copy her actions, I too lifted the bottom of my kimono and ran after her. I chuckled as I heard her loud breathing, but when her small head turned to look at me, her face wasn't timid anymore. She was determined...and I don't think it was for the game. I think she was trying to prove herself to her father. I smiled kindly at the back of the small child in front of me. Hinata was pretty fast as a kid but I obviously wasn't going all out, not with my weights and especially not in front of the clan heads.